“Close to Airport - Excellent Facility”

Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Chelsea
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Close to Airport - Excellent Facility”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed near the airport as part of college visits. The rooms were clean and roomy and the service was excellent. It was definitely close to Logan for getting in and out.

In addition to the room, we sat in the bar area and had food and drinks. As bar food goes, the fare was "good" to "very good". The complimentary breeakfast is always a nice add.

The only downfall is that there is not much around the property (but that is not the hotels fault).

Room Tip: You are near an industrial/airport, so plan accordingly.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Our trip was chaotic and we had to reschedule our arrival, this was no problem with the hotel and they even let us check in early. The rooms were of the best "Time-Share" quality and the bed was oh so comfortable. The staff of the hotel were outstanding in every way, from the shuttle driver, our first face-to-face point of contact with this hotel to every staff member we encountered.
As it were, the forecast was for a foot of snow Saturday and Sunday. We decided to cut our trip short because of the impending snow storm. So we cancelled our last night at this hotel with no problem.
We got on the 4AM shuttle the next morning and left. But through it all this hotel and the staff were great. It is a clean and very modern place to stay and it is only a short drive to Boston at a very reasonable rate for such luxiourious accomodations. Not the Boston hotel rates to be exact. If your going to Boston or just on a long layover I would highly recommend this hotel for three reasons: 1. Staff 2. Hotel 3. Proximity to Boston. The shuttle will even take you to the T (Local transit)

Room Tip: Get a rental car away from the airport they pick you up. This way you save from the higher Boston ra...
Philly
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hotel looked to be very new. The room was in excellent shape - very clean with new modern furnishings. Kitchen appliances were very clean and looked barely used. Overall, the room was extremely comforable. Stayed in a suite with a separate bedroom – it was worth the extra $20 a night to provide some separation from the kids. Breakfast was very good – included scrambled eggs and make-your-own waffles – more than just pastries. The hotel was very nice and a very good value for the Boston area. But as the price break indicates, you are not in the city so be prepared to drive. They did have a shuttle but I did not inquire if it went anywhere other than the airport. I would not feel comfortable walking in the hotel area alone at night. Hotel is also right up against a busy highway so there is some road noise on one side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the highway
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed here twice on my recent US visit. I rented a car and initially had a little bit of trouble finding the hotel. I would advise anyone going to do maps first and not rely on GPS.

When I did get there check-in was fast and efficient. I was tired so ordered a bar meal, it's fast food nature was not really to my taste.

The rooms are large, pleasant, clean and modern. Everything in it was of a good standard. I could not fault the room itself. The TV is on a pole and can be turned around for viewing from either the couch or the bed. There's a desk area if you need to work and a kitchen area. Even with all these features the size of the room means it still feels spacious. I felt that the room was well designed.

I did find the place a rather noisy though. The kitchen refrigerators used are quite loud meaning I resorted to switching them off at night. Additionally my first room also overlooked the highway and the hotel is near a rail track so I could hear traffic and train horns at night which was not restful. The second room got me away from the highway but not the train horns.

The hotel supplies an iPod dock but a plastic insert for smaller iPods meant my ordinary 'classic' would not fit. The insert did not seem to be removable. When I told the hotel about this in my first room they did sort it out quickly. I was only staying on night on my second visit so didn't try to get it addressed.

There is a buffet style breakfast supplied and it was one of the better stocked ones I've had in this kind of US hotel. There was oatmeal, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee, muffins and pastries, waffles, yoghurt, hot food etc. Everything needed to get off to a good start in the morning.

The parking lot is spacious so parking was not a problem. There is a good laundry room which came in useful.

Overall I'd definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: High floor away from the highway
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bermuda
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We chose to stay at the Residence Inn to have adjoining rooms for our young family & the convenience of the free buffet breakfast and free shuttle. We were able to visit Boston before we flew home without paying the high prices of the hotels in central Boston. Unfortunately after booking online, when we arrived later in the evening our rooms were not adjoining, but the staff were very accommodating and went out of their way to arrange for us to have adjoining rooms the next day. The buffet breakfast was a hit with our kids and were able to catch the free shuttle to the airport train station to get around Boston. The hotel is new and the decor is modern which we really liked. There is a huge supermarket 5 mins walk away so although we did not have a car it worked well for us. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: there are only some rooms that are adjoining so if you require adjoining rooms contact the hotel to...
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We just came back from our winter vacations and it was nice to have a warm welcome in the cold. Candace at Front desk was very helpful and friendly, she gave all the information about transportation services and helped us to order a pizza since we got after 10pm to the hotel and the restaurant was closed by then.
The rooms are so pretty and clean, with a kitchen with full size fridge and electric stove, coffee maker and dinner ware.
The locations is not the best, talking about views, but you can take a taxi to go to North End in Boston for about $20USD and it takes arround 20min to get there.
It is aslo located close to a highway so early about 6am you can hear trailers and cars, we wake up early anyways but if you don't, probalby the rooms in the other side of the highway will be quieter.
The hot breakfast that is included is more than enough, is good and tasty, fresh fruit, eggs, cereal, wafles, coffee and pastries.
Within walking distance is the Basket Market in case you would like to prepare something in the room.
This hotel is recomeneded if you just want a place to sleep, safe and clean and offers some extras in case you want to relax: in door pool and little fitness center and a nice lobby bar with a fireplace.

Thank you for a great experience.!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I first chose to stay at this hotel in Boston mainly because its just minutes from the airport. When I arrived at the hotel, it was extremely clean, the rooms are neat and the staff was really nice, I was especially impressed by Candace at the front desk, I must say great customer service, great sense of humor and very professional. She went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I needed to help make my stay enjoyable and comfortable. Since then I have stayed there about three times, without a doubt this is my first choice hotel in the Boston area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor

Been to Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea? Share your experiences!