“Outstanding”

GreenLeadersBronze level
USA
“Outstanding”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Of all the hotels we stayed in during our NE tour, this is the best: Big spacious room with fridge, kitchenette, TV, comfortable bed, microwave. The room is well equipped except that it does not have a safe. One unique features we noticed: The turn-knob in the shower is on the opposite side of the shower -- which is well though of. Excellent breakfast. The hotel also has a guest laundry, a guest computer for you to check in your flights and print out the boarding passes. Just 5 minutes from the airport. Convenient location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here based on location to Airport for return rental car before flight. Worked out well even if we had to get lengthy directions from the helpful desk staff. It's convenient based on distance from the airport but not convenient based on how you drive to the airport. It takes many turns and may roads to get there but with the hotel directions it worked out fine.

Hotel is nice and new! Staff at the desk for check in check out very friendly and helpful. Rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. Price is very high in our opinion but cheaper then staying in Boston so that is why we chose this hotel.

Only thing we weren't pleased with was breakfast on Sunday morning started at 7:00 a.m. and we had to leave for the airport by 6:45 a.m. We did find that the breakfast area was open with a few people starting to get items when we did depart at 6:45 a.m. Maybe they opened a bit early.

Overall we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
edinburgh
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

This is a fab hotel. Gorgeous spacious rooms. Very high spec. and breakfasts were very good. Plastic plates and cutlery wasn't very environmentally friendly or nice to use.
Staff seemed a bit chaotic and let us down twice in two days by failing to get the shuttle to pick us up as arranged and then failing to book us a table as we asked. The desk staff weren't in the least apologetic.
They weren't on top of stuff like getting the printer to work and not in the least bothered that we were inconvenienced.
The area this hotel is in is very rough. You wouldn't want to walk around the area. It costs $30 to get to the hotel from downtown or the airport so factor that in.
If the staff raise their game this will be a brilliant hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at the Residence Inn Chelsea over Labor Day weekend and was very pleased with my stay.

To start, the rooms are just as beautiful as the pictures (this hotel opened very recently). I wish I was there for a longer stay to take advantage of having a suite with the kitchen amenities including a large refrigerator, 2 burner stove, mini-dishwasher, etc. There were 3 of us in my room, so 2 slept in the King-size bed and commented that it was comfy, while I slept in the pull-out, which I had no complaints about. Everything was very clean!

We did take advantage of the complimentary breakfast which had a lot of variety. The menu items changed each day we were there. Some of the hot items were iffy (turkey bacon?), but they were replenished once they got low or cold. One suggestion - please get a second waffle maker - this is always the most popular item and my group thought they were delicious!

Location might be the most subjective thing I will comment on..My group and I planned to spend the weekend in Boston and most hotels couldn't accommodate 3 people and the ones that could were $400/night. Considering that we were able to save some money by staying outside of Boston, the 3.5 mile cab ride really wasn't an issue. We needed a van and the ride was $25 going in and $20 coming back that evening (no traffic late at night). The front desk was happy to suggest a cab company and call ahead for us.

And last, the staff was great - any time we asked for something, they were happy to help. The front desk was very friendly.

Overall, I would stay here any time I plan to head to Boston.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Washington
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Outside of the busy Logan Boston Airport area, but within 15 minutes driving time. This RI is located in a quiet neighborhood. Our room was an upgraded larger king room. Huge with lots of bathroom counter top space. Big living room area that shared a large flat panel TV. Free onsite parking.

Down side to the room: we could hear people scrape off their plates in the adjacent room, thin thin walls!!! Also the train tracks are within a block away, many trains go through during the day and night time hours. If you are a light sleeper, be aware.

Road construction was going on that made walking to local businesses & restaurants a little unsafe. The streets are not well lit for night time walking. If travelling in car, it is within short drive to Five Guys, Docksde. It is also close to a huge grocery market for quick stock up.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is a new Residence Inn near Boston Logan. Appreciated typical friendly service. Room was beautiful and comfortable. Surprised to see a full bar. The only negatives are - Residence Inn is created for longer term stays and the neighborhood wasn't conducive to taking a walk outside for local flavor. And, if you're planning an extended stay, be sure you have a car. It's not easy to get to the T from this Residence Inn. You'd have better luck in Cambridge or Charlestown. Though, I've stayed at all three and this is the nicest hotel of the three.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed here on business and had an executive suite - I think they call it. The room was very spacious and everything was so new! I was in an adjoining room but didn't realize that they are noisier because the walk-through door is in the kitchen with a tiled floor -- nothing to absorb your neighbor's noise! The people in the other room had a crying baby that they had a hard time keeping quiet. I felt so sorry for the child, but it was so loud! I was very disappointed in that the hotel didn't say anything about doing a "grand opening" night at the hotel and when I got back late from a meeting, I had to park a block away because they had all kinds of business people looking at the rooms on my floor. I had to go back out after dark and move my car back to the parking lot. I didn't feel comfortable doing this in a neighborhood I didn't know. Breakfast was good, but very crowded on Saturday morning - no place to sit down so I brought the food back to my room. I think this place is nice, but not great. Not sure I will stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Try not to get an adjoining room.