“Comfortable bed and good service with a great shuttle service to and from Logan Airport”

DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Chelsea
Reviewed October 20, 2010

We stayed two nights at the Wyndham after a 12 day tour of Vermont and New Hampshire. Easy to find from the 1 Southbound and plenty of carparking space available. We had a good room with a very comfortable King Bed. We used the shuttle service to the T station to get into and Back from Boston and to Logan for our flight back to the UK. Everybody was very friendly and I was able to make my on-line check in using the free PCs provided in the lobby. A useful tip is to walk the five minutes to the Market Basket supermarket where there is a breakfast cafe and an excellent selection of reasonably priced sandwiches and rolls (including lobster salad) which we ate on Boston Common.

Would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea

Reviewed October 13, 2010

On a recent "bucket-list" trip to Boston and Cape Cod, we were looking for an airport hotel to come in and out of Boston, for ease of returning a rental car and using public transport in Boston. The Wyndham Chelsea turned out to be a propitious choice. The hotel is beautifully appointed, and our room was as nice as any we've ever stayed in. The staff were all pleasant and accommodating, and the shuttle service was prompt and courteous--and free! The indoor pool and hot tub were especially enjoyable, the in-room coffee/tea facilities were great, and the free internet access much appreciated. Granted, the neighborhood is not the best, but security provisions are very well conducted, and most travelers, whether for business or vacationing, would be spending their time in the city anyway, not in the hotel area. Even the price was right! We may never get back to Boston, but if we do, our first call would be to the Wyndham.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PatRobTexas
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Made an online reservations. Then, when plans changed, canceled the reservation online. However, the Wyndham system lost the cancellation and charged me $180 as a no-show. Trying to work through customer service was a nightmare. But they were successful in making me give up. Don't stay at a Wyndham if there is any chance you might need to change your plans!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2010

I stayed two nights. The hotel lobby was nice. My room was on the 3rd floor and was relatively clean. The floors could have been cleaner. The room is great for the business traveler. There are power outlets everywhere for your laptops, cell phone, and other mobile devices. The hotel provides wireless internet in your room as well as a LAN line to directly connect your computer to the internet. Internet can be slow at times though. There is an ergonomic chair at the desk if you want to do your computing at the desk or a large sofa chair with a table stand and power outlet connected to the chair. The bed was clean and comfortable with lots of pillows. They have a flat panel LCD TV with a lot of the popular channels, all analog of course. The room has a small refrigerator and complimentary coffee and bottled water. The hotel is a bit pricey for not including breakfast or at least a continental breakfast. They do provide a free shuttle to and from the airport or the T train airport stop. You have to call the hotel to let them know you need to be picked up. Wait time varied from 10 to 15 minutes. The trip to and from the hotel to the airport was about 11 to 15 minutes depending on traffic. I would stay here again if I needed to be close to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank chilipalm99
Reviewed October 1, 2010

After checking prices of hotels near Logan Airport, I chose this one because it was more in my price range, and it also offered the "Park & Fly" option which is what we needed most.

My traveling companion and I stayed here for one night before flying to the Caribbean early the next morning. My companion got a quote from a local parking garage, and the total would've been $95 to park his car for one week. With Wyndham, it was about $30, and that's for up to 14 days.

Our room was clean, roomy, easy to set up my laptop. Decent sized bathroom, nice big towels, lots of toiletries. Quality bed linens which I appreciate - the kind of sheets you just wanna slip between and fall right to sleep. The hotel overall was quiet, the staff was courteous and helpful. We took advantage of cocktail hour in the bar before walking right next door to an awesome restaurant, known for it's sirloin and chicken tips. We had a wonderful meal there, Sorry the name escapes me (Floramo's?) but ask for Sherry as your waitress - she's great! Casual dress, great atmosphere, decent prices, good wines.

Although it appears to be a safe neightborhood, if you'd like to shorten your walk after leaving the restaurant, you'll see the back exit to the Chelsea which you can use your room key to gain access.

To us, this was the perfect spot for one night prior to a major trip. We weren't looking for frills, just a good meal, and a decent night's sleep before having to get up at 3:30 AM for our 4 AM shuttle. If we were staying longer in the Boston area, we would've chosen something closer to downtown. However, the Chelsea suited our needs in every way.

Three things to take advantage of - Park & Fly, the restaurant next door, and the comfy beds.

Here's the best part which came as a total surprise - after our return from the Caribbean, my companion and I parted ways at Logan. He called me after he'd picked up his car from Chelsea Wyndham, to inform me he'd accidentally left it UNLOCKED prior to leaving, and nothing had been stolen; it was as he'd left it! More proof it's a safe neighborhood (although I'm not recommending leaving vehicles unlocked)

Travel time via shuttle from the Chelsea Wyndham to Boston Logan the next morning - 11 minutes. We left the Wyndham at 4:05 AM, arrived at Logan at 4:16, and still had time to kill until our 5:30 AM flight.

( Time frames change as traffic inceases throughout the day)

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank toto24522
Reviewed August 24, 2010

For $215 a night I sure did expect more. The phone didn't work, and the cordless handset was making this clicking noise every 2 seconds, like it might need batteries. It was as bad as water torture, like loud dripping. I called it in about 30 minutes ago and no one has showed up to fix it. The toilet seat was one of those cheap plastic ones. The floor tiles in the bathroom looked like they hadn't been cleaned in ages. The restaurant wasn't open, so I had to sit in the bar to have dinner. I asked the bartender 3 times for water (he was quick on getting me an alcoholic drink and food though).
There was a lot of noise around my room, some from the hallway, some from adjacent rooms.
I asked the front desk staff for a comb and the (British?) lady who handed one to me was about as stand-offish and snooty as they come. I certainly didn't feel welcome here.
I would expect much better quality of rooms and service here and I was very disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank wildcat567
Reviewed August 13, 2010

In July I traveled with my family for a 11 day trip to the midwest. We flew out of Boston because the fare was more affordable and traveled by car for 7 hours to reach Boston. We did a park sleep and fly with the Wyndham Boston Chelsea. After a terrible day of mechanical failures with the airline we finally arrived at the hotel to retrieve our vehicle around 1:00 am. To discover that our drivers side window had been completely smashed out of our car and it was ransacked. When my husband spoke with the hotel manager, the managers response was "I'm very sorry there is nothing we can do for you, this sort of thing happens here all of the time." If this sort of thing happens around there all of the time I would think that someone should be concerned about it. So the hotel manager sent us away at 1:30 A.M. with two children under the age of 7 and a broken window for our 7 hour trip home. The least the hotel could have done in my opinion was put us up so we could have dealt with the car in the morning. I will NEVER stay at another Wyndham hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank butterflynymph
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea? Share your experiences!