“Good Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Chelsea
Denver, Colorado
“Good Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed here on my way through Boston to Ireland earlier this year. The hotel is well maintained, has a free shuttle from the airport. Check in was fast and efficient and my room was ready and very spacious. A large kingsize bed in a large room with an adjoining seating area with swivel large screen TV. Nice big reclining chair and tall windows with view and lots of light in.Bed and room clean and bathroom great. I did not mix with the staff except for checking in so no call on them good or bad.
I ate at the restaurant that evening and had a couple of beers. Food and drinks were reasonably priced. There is a little internet station in a beautifully decorated room off to the side of the reception area. Quiet location. They accepted my AAA and that got me 20% off. Shuttle leaves regularly to the airport. No complaints from me and I plan on staying there on my way to Ireland in Jan and on the way back in March.

Room Tip: Get Deirdre the Irish gal. She'll sort you out. :)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Belfastgt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Upon arrival at airport pickup point I called to request shuttle service and was told "He will get there as soon as he can". when I requested an eta, the response was "15 minutes". After 20 or so minutes the van approached but never even slowed down. This resulted in a lengthy argumentive phone conversation and a van 30 or so minutes later. The hotel is in a bad neighborhood and shows its' age. My room was well furnished and clean. I had dinner in the hotel restaurant/bar. I was expecting the worst when I saw how empty it was, but the only other restaurant within walking distance was not open on Mondays. The food was good as was the service from the bartender/waitress. If it ended there this would be a decent review. I was told at the front desk that the airport shuttle in the morning ran every half hour on a first come first serve basis. What they neglected to say was that they were the crew hotel for Delta Airlines and airline crew got priority on the shuttle. The crew arrived at departure time and others who thought they were at the front of the line had to wait for a later shuttle until all crew members had been accommodated. The shttle driver announed "crew first there will be another van before long". Obviously the hotel generates substantial revenue from Delta Airlines, but other guests should be advised that shuttle seats are available to them only when all airline crew members have been accommodated. In summation, the hotel is ok if you need a place to rest with a decent, although limited, restaurant as long as you leave room for an hour of shuttle waiting time in both directions and don't mind second class treatment.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
SFHChelsea, Manager at Wyndham Boston Chelsea, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I do apologize for the problems you had with our hotel shuttle. I have passed your comments on to upper management. We take all comments from our guests, good and bad very seriously and rest assure your issues will be addressed. thank you again

Travelers are raving about these Chelsea hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

If you are like me and travel a lot, avoid this place. Even if, like me, there is a huge convention in Boston and its the only place to stay aside from the Red Roof Inn. Call room service- no answer. Front desk? No answer. Want to order coffee for the morning? No one is available to take that request. It's like a big empty unmanned hotel. The rooms themselves are fine- nothing to write home about. If it wasn't for the complete absence of staff or a sense that they even remotely care about their customers, I'd say the rooms are fine. But for $350 a night this place is a joke.

• Stayed September 2013
SFHChelsea, Manager at Wyndham Boston Chelsea, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am very concerned about your comments. I do apologize for the events that took place during your stay. Rest assure your comments will be sent to upper management. We pride ourselves on our service and comments good and bad will help us improve. Again, I do apologize.
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for business. Parking is very convenient and plentiful and the hotel looks fairly new. Our room was very large and the bed was quite comfortable. The front desk staff needs a bit of training on customer service as I found them to be short and curt with not only me but other customers at the front desk. Chelsea is not the greatest place to be but is very close to good restaurants in East Boston and downtown. Our room was neat and clean and the floors were very quiet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor

Been to Wyndham Boston Chelsea? Share your experiences!