“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Chelsea
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This place was perfect for our stay! Big comfy bed, large bathroom and clean room. It is true that if you do not have a car it is very difficult to move around, but the hotel offers a shuttle that will take you almost anywhere you need to go. I usually asked them to take us to the nearest metro station and it worked perfectly for us.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jossie R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
ma
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Stay here if you want a good value and have a car. Easy location for jumping on route 1 to Boston or Rt 16 for Airport. Nice big comfy beds. Clean Room. Surprised there was not free coffee but there is a Dunkin donuts across the street though not much else. My wife also thought the front desk person was a little surly. Signs clearly saying hotel not responsible for stolen articles from parking lot so suspect theft has been an issue in car park. Not an issue with our car :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Pros:
Clean, fairy large room
Nice big tv
Coffee machine in room, two free bottles of water
Restaurant downstairs serves okay food for affordable price
Airport shuttle

Cons:
Airport shuttle takes forever to come, I called them to ask how long they would be and the receptionist was very brusque, did not apologize or give me an estimated time arrival until I insisted.
Driver also did not apologize for delay, didn't even say hi
Night receptionist staff (one of them) is very brusque, she could not find my reservation and asked me if I 'even had one' when she found it did not apologize.
A big thing for me: this hotel is in a rough area of town, a taxi driver told me that some downtown cabs will refuse to take you back here at night since its so rough. If you are not driving, I would NOT recommend staying here, location is very inconvenient, and nowhere close to a subway station. Shell out the extra money to stay in downtown because you will end up spending more on taxis.
The taxi that the hotel booked for me did not arrive on time because they 'forgot to write it down', I guess this was not the hotel's fault but the cab company's but just a warning if you have to be somewhere on time that the taxi service is not so reliable.

Overall: would not stay here again, I'm a big fan of the Wyndham chain but the location of this one is too inconvenient for me to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Bordeaux
Reviewed December 5, 2011

This hotel was a 10 minute shuttle ride from the airport. Easy! Nice, clean and well serviced. The only comment was the restaurant was mediocre at best. I would definately stay here again but go out for dinner. There is an italian just next door.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We chose this hotel because they offer an airport parking package with a night stay.

The reception staff and breakfast staff were nice. The room was adequate.

The shuttle to the airport was prompt.

When we returned to Boston and called the hotel to arrange shuttle pick up,we found it difficult. Their phone seemed muffled and their staff were eager to get off the call quickly that it resulted in some confusion and delay in our pick up.

When we finally got back to our car parked in the hotel lot, we found a broken window. Apparently the rings on the window from our gps was enough to lure a their. What a dissenting way to return frm a trip!

Hotel staf were sympathetic and helped us clean up the glass and tape the window, but did not offer any compensation for our loss. To me that is the kicker. From what I we were not the only customers who had this problem.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Brett S

Travelers are raving about these Chelsea hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 30, 2011

This hotel is clean and nice and has all the comforts. Downside is that all transport (free shuttle) stops at midnite and thats when I arrived into Boston and taxis were hard to get at that hour....The hotel is suited if you need a stay close to the airport only,

Room Tip: Ask for upgrades
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stayed from 10:30 pm till 5:00 am for flight. At 12:00 am, another guest tries to open the room and tried to break the latch. After shouting to indicate the room is occupied, the guest leaves. We get a call at 12:30 am from front desk to find out how we got the room as we were not on their computer system. Ruined our sleep and front desk did not have the courage to apologize as they had messed up our stay.
I should have told them that I entered the room through the window and they should call the police :)

Room Tip: Make sure the room is not already assigned and always use the latch as you never know who might want...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Faisal L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport

Been to Chelsea Hotel Boston? Share your experiences!