“A HIDDEN GEM!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“A HIDDEN GEM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I discovered this place about three months ago. It looks like a pizza joint but it is a sitdown restaurant as well as take out. The Italian food, I mean the entire menu, fantastic!! And now the rest of the story... The pizza is to die for! Since the restaurant food is so good we decided to try the pizza which exceeded our expectations. We got the margarita and it was fresh and delicious As is all their food. And, at prices that you can afford for good quality restaurant food.
Bravo Amicis!! Keep up the good work it does not go unnoticed and, is appreciated greatly!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Andrew S

United States
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stopped in for pre race pasta.It seems to be a popular family take out place. One receives a large amount of food.The food is good and served our purpose.We had a nice caesar salad, rolls and pasta. I had a shrimp pasta meal. I got 8 large shrimp and plenty of pasta.My friend had haddock marinara.We were both pleased with our meal.It was affordable. It is not an ambiance type of dining experience but the food is good. It is a busy local restaurant /take out place.Service is fine. Ample parking in the front. We would go again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank TMamad1931
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“Decent food but lacks personality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We have been to Amici's many times for take-out. The food is generally good. The chicken parm dinner is my favorite. The pizza and baked penne is also good. The personality of the staff is so bad that I can't give more than a 3! On a busy Saturday night, the woman behind the counter was clearly inconvenienced by both guests at the counter and the ringing phone. To say she was practically grunting at people, as the peak of her hospitality, is no exaggeration! The rolls were tossed loosely in the bag with our dinners and as she tipped all containers when handing me the bag, juice pulled out of the chicken parm containers and the rolls were soggy when I got home.
It's a Saturday night, the night of game 6 of the ALCS, did they not expect to be busy? Clearly they need better staff who can handle a busy night and not treat you like you're bothering them!

I would recommend the food overall, just don't expect a warm greeting on the phone or in person. And definitely don't expect a thank you either.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“A sleeper of a gem for Italian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Try the sausage cacciatore it is to die for! 10 stars if I could. Order your food at the counter then a server brings all to you. They have beer and wine too. And the prices are very good while the quality of the food is "OFF THE HOOK"!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Andrew S
Lowell, Massachusetts
“GREAT FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

No ambiance - very limited seating - but I went for the food NOT the surroundings! Have used them for a catered party and the food was outstanding - so I went to eat more of their cuisine. Good Italian, plenty- take home bonus -

Visited June 2013