“Great North End Italian Food At A Fraction Of The Price”
Review of Amici Trattoria

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Amici Trattoria
Ranked #27 of 78 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed March 17, 2013

If you love Italian Food, then this little hole in the wall is a great place for you. It's a hidden gem, by the purest meaning of the word. The small unassuming place, located in a little plaza, with other little places, stuck in the corner. You would never notice it if you drove by it. It's the type of place you would see on a Anthony Bourdain "No reservations" show. The walls inside, well, they need paint, heck, the whole place needs a makeover inside. From the walls, to the tables, chairs, ceiling. It doesn't hold more then maybe 7 or 8 tables inside, with a large menu on the wall, like a take out joint, which you can do if you please.
But there in lies it's charms, these guys just make damn good food. The same guys in the back cook all the time, a couple old Italian guys, always slaving away making amazing piping hot dinners, no warmer's here, no microwaves, just a small kitchen, with cooks who know how to make amazing Italian food. You got Tony Bennet, Frank Sinatra, playing over the aged sound system. But like a fine aged cheese, this place will just satisfy you. In fact, even if I lived in Boston, I would GO HERE, instead of the North End sometimes, cause it is just that good.
If you are looking for a large fine wine list, or a upscale looking place, I suggest elseware. You don't come here for any of that. You just sit back on that 15 year old looking chair, and enjoy the food, cause that's what it's all about.
I have been here proabably, 15 times. I hope the word never gets out that this place is really that good. I hope it stays the way it is, unassuming, small, and that this review gets some people interested. Dare I say it's some of the best Italian food in New England. If you read my review of "Gas Light" in Portsmouth, I said they had the best pizza in New England. And a year and a half or so later, they were voted best pizza in New England. So if you are in the Merrimack Valley area, GPS it, get here, do what you gotta do. You won't regret it.

1  Thank BlueYankee_Traveler

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've eaten there a few times and the food is not only really good, but affordable - and they give you a lot of it. It's a great place. I've tried a few of their subs, all good. Their Greek salad was so big that it literally fed me for two whole days! :)

Great place!

3  Thank Marie S
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Amici has been serving up tasty Italian food for years in Chelmsford center. It is tucked away at the corner of a strip mall on Summer Street, around the corner from the library. Over the years we have tried almost everything on the menu. They have a great tomato sauce and their meatballs and pasta are delicious. My son loves the buffalo chicken calzone and the pizza is good too. Amici does a good take out business as well, I have ordered Chicken Marsalla and Tortelinni in cream sauce from their catering menu for parties.
This is our place to stop in for dinner on the way to the movies, or when we are out and about. The seating is basic, formica tables. Most of the tables seat 4, down a long somewhat narrow room. But it's a great value for the money, the food never disappoints.

2  Thank mscrdc
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is a pleasant small Italian restaurant which has great food for a reasonable price. It does a lot of take out business -- when we want take out pasta, this is our go-to place (we live less than a mile away). The linguine alfredo is excellent, though my usual dish is the Broccoli chicken penne and my other half likes the chicken parmesan. We often have the shrimp scampi too. Our teenagers devour the pizza too.

This is a kid-friendly place where an adult can get a reasonable glass of wine or a beer -- there is just enough noise that a talkative toddler is not disruptive, and yet it's quiet enough for a group to have a conversation without yelling.

2  Thank russell-benoit
Reviewed May 24, 2012

There was a full restaurant for years in Billerica, it was one of the most popular in town until the land was sold. The Chelmsford location is much smaller, however the food is just as good. Service and pricing very reasonable.

2  Thank MiaVal