“Great place to stay if your in Chelmsford, MA”

Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Chelmsford
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spent the night there for a meeting, room was clean, they have a pool and people are pretty friendly. I think they also had a bar which I didn't goto. Best place to eat was across the street at the One Ten Grille. It was a great time all the way around. Best thing is, they had free parking, and it was just off the highway, just far enough off to not have loud humming noises. When I was there It was winter, and they did have most all of their parking lot plowed and parkable.

Room Tip: Don't get the highway side, the city side is better. Also stay away from the wedding/event room...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
TSully_12, Manager at Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share you stay. We hope to see you again when you are staying in the area!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is a hotel that feels like it's constantly surrounded by bleakness and gray. It's a sprawling hotel with multiple nooks and buildings connected by long hallways, but instead of using the huge property to put in some green and make the hotel seem more inviting, it's all brick and concrete, like they put the parking lot in first and then slapped a hotel on top of it. There are a bunch of chain restaurants nearby and a 24-hour car wash, so there's activity until 12 or 1 in the morning nearby.

Rooms were what you might expect from a Radisson that's let itself go a bit; some signs of age on the surfaces and the walls, a couple of long hairs in the bathroom that the cleaning staff didn't get rid of, a rusty faucet in the shower, that sort of stuff. My room had a Sleep number bed, but the clicker didn't work on one side and took nearly ten minutes to go from firm to soft on the other side. I wasn't expecting a ton out of this hotel, but it didn't even live up to those expectations.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank latrell1
TSully_12, Manager at Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing your stay with us. We are trying to improve the look and feel of our hotel each day. We have received new furniture for the function space by the double wide staircase just yesterday. We are also in the process of updating the furniture and bathrooms in 133 of our guest rooms. We do hope you will try us again in the near future when all improvements are completed.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Clean rooms, well lit halls, food is OK, fitness center is fine. Not luxury, but a very good value. Close to highways, great if you have business in the area. Sleep number beds are terrific. Staff is very friendly and nice. The only thing I found odd was the lack of in-room safes, so passports, etc... had to be kept at a safe by the front desk, which was a little less convenient.

Room Tip: the rooms by the restaurant are a good size and up-to-date
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thanks! We are in the begining stages of improving the guest rooms by the restaurant. We do hope you will be back to see the finished product.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Echo most reviews. Good location, comfortable and clean although noticed quite a few 'worn areas' old rugs, water damaged ceiling panels in the hallway. But for the business travel fine. No continental breakfast, just a rather pricey cafe for a reasonably priced hotel

Room Tip: Rte. 495 directly in back of hotel. Probably would request a room facing the front. I was in the f...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DRhodesNewEngland

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are scheduled to replace the carpets in the building where the restaurant is located. We hope to have this project completed by the summer. We do hope you will visit again when staying in t he area.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have stayed here for business and it was fine. Not for the luxury traveler but its comfortable and clean. The rooms on the wing i stayed near the reception were spacious and nice. Not to forget was the bed that you could adjust the firmness /soft/ medium etc....! I enjoyed this big time.
The rooms have a reading table, tea/coffee making facilities and hey you can get room service is you want. Nice Al carte dishes at reasonable prices. The staff at the reception very warm and friendly.

Their is wireless internet so you can browse as you like. For business travellers their is a business centre where you can do all your printing and photocopying of cos an extra fee.

The lobby is small but hey you aint gonna stay there for long after all my room had comfortable seats and a table where i did all my work and blogging and ofcos coffee!
It was terrific.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are the best!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
TSully_12, Manager at Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us! We hope to see you again when you are back in the area!
Sincerly,
TobiAnn Sullivan

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed in the Chelmsford Radisson, in a suite-style room in March 2013, for an annual convention that takes place at the hotel. The hotel staff were friendly, dealt with our large group very smoothly, and the restaurant staff were very friendly and patient. (Some of the staff at the restaurant, we see every year-- THANK YOU to these wonderful people, they make returning to the Radisson feel like "coming home.") The hotel has rooms in two types/groups; suites (closer to the convention spaces, registration desk, swimming pool, business center, and fitness center) and regular rooms (closer to the restaurant). Our suite room was comfortable and decently-appointed. I'm not a particular fan of Select-Number beds, and the one in our room didn't work properly (the remote control didn't let us change the inflation of the mattress at all, it was stuck at the highest level).

Room Tip: Regular rooms are close to the restaurant, but nothing else. Suite rooms are close to registration...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
TSully_12, Manager at Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thanks!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I am a business traveler and I have stayed in many, many hotels. I will say that I am very picky and sometimes easily disappointed, but that is not the case here at all. I couldn't be happier. I negotiated a long term nightly price with Chris, the Sales Director, and I am pleased with how that turned out.

I am treated very well by all staff at this hotel. I am greeted with a smile every Sunday and told "Welcome Home" when I come in each day from work I stay in a suite that has everything I could possibly need being away from home. The housekeeping staff take care of my room daily and I have no complaints there.

The only thing I wish we could change is to have pool time for guests only. They do offer gym and pool memberships to the public. And a better microwave.

If you are going to be in this area long term for business, I would recommend staying here. They are very compassionate and caring of their guests, trust me, I don't know that anyone knows that better than I do at this point. I was ill and hospitalized for 2 days while there on business and when I was discharged from the hospital, they took care of me, literally until I could get home.

This will be my home away from home until June and I'm not going anywhere

Room Tip: Ask for a Jr. Suite
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank bjcaz88
TSully_12, Manager at Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear bjcaz88,

I am pleased that you are so happy with your stay and we look forward to having you stay though June. If there is anything else we can do to make your stay any better please do not hesitate to contact the front desk!
Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Thanks again,

TobiAnn Sullivan
Rooms Division Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelmsford
Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford
#3 of 3 in Westford
UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford
The Stonehedge Hotel and Spa

Been to Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell? Share your experiences!