“Quaint, delicious, convenient”

Ranked #11 of 78 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The food at every Bertucci's is pretty much the same, and that's great. I am one of those people who turns her nose up at chain restaurants, but I'd never pass up on an opportunity to eat at a Bertucci's. The rolls are delicious and the pizza is some of the best I've ever had. I love all the pizzas, but especially the margarita and the seafood pizza.

So why review this Bertucci's rather than any of the others?

Lots of reasons. I especially liked the interior of this Bertucci's. It's cozy, not like the large, open-space Bertucci's that you usually find at a mall location. The Chelmsford Bertucci's feels like a restaurant, not an Italian-themed cafeteria. The staff was very attentive. Furthermore, this Bertucci's is located in a picture-perfect New England downtown. There are nice views of old homes and of a white, steepled church.

This particular Bertucci's is also really easy to get to from the highway. We were on 495 and looking for Bertucci's signs, hoping that the restaurant would not be too far from the highway. (We learned the hard way that the highway sign for the Bertucci's in Lexington, another nice town and excellent Bertucci's, failed to indicate the long drive ahead of us before we finally came upon the restaurant.)

We can't be the only ones seeking Bertucci's restaurants while driving through New England. If you're on 495 and looking for a convenient, quaint, pleasant Bertucci's, try the one in Chelmsford.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

In my opiniion, Bertucci's has the best pizza - thin crust, lots of interesting toppings. Plus for 2.99 per person you can add a salad. What's not to like?

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I've been to this location many times and this time just didn't cut it.
Service was just plain old weak!
The waitresses's only redeeming quality was she was very pleasant and friendly. If I was looking for friendship, they'd get an excellent rating, but I was looking for decent food and good service which didn't happen.

We had to wait for rolls, had ask for butter, waitress never checked on us during our dinner, and consequently, she didn't refill drinks. Fortunately when the rolls came out they were piping hot.

Lasagna tasty but was not cooked hot throughout--parts were warm, parts were cool and none was hot. I couldn't send it back because we didn't see the waitress until she noticed we were finished eating.

My sausage soup was delicious.

The others enjoyed their meals; calzone, 4 Cheese Ravioli, Baked Tortellini and Chicken Gratinati, and Shrimp Rossini.

The restaurant was very hot, unfortunately my lasagna was not.
Waitresses brought the check, but forgot our doggy bag.
Seems her bad night became ours.

Willing to try this location again based on prior more positive experiences.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Not a chain fan, but it's Pizza and Bertuccis pizza, to my taste, is one of the best. Add to that the Tuscan chicken wings and I'm going back when I must go to a chain. As its a chain there's not much to distinguish this but the staff are always very nice to deal with and the elderly gentleman hosting, is always, well, a gentleman :-)

Reviewed January 8, 2013

The pizza was great and it came with a salad that could easily feed three people. The rolls were fresh baked and OUTSTANDING and our waitress was actually spectacular. I'd definitely go back.