“A Comfortable stay at an affordable price!”

Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Chelmsford
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lake City, Florida
“A Comfortable stay at an affordable price!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My parents and I booked two rooms at the Chelmsford Best Western Plus for a one night stay.
We stayed in adjoining rooms; one with a balcony and the other without. Each room offered non-smoking rooms with a king size bed, a sitting area,a mini frig, and coffee makers. The front staff was extremely friendly and offered ideas of where to eat in the area. The rooms were clean and
updated. We chose the hotel for its location to our destination. However, the easy access to 495 made our travel easier. I love the breakfast which offered a nice assortment of food for every taste. I would easily recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The balcony was a nice touch on a beautiful May evening!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Marge O, General Manager at Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
I'm glad you and your family had such a great visit in Chelmsford and were able to enjoy the beautiful Spring weather on our balcony. I hope the trees in the courtyard/pool area were in bloom. I hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Best Western in Chelmsford during the blizzard of 2013 so she could be at work near the hotel that weekend. We chose it because of the location, but would choose it again just for the hotel. It way exceeded expectations. The room was immaculately clean, with bed, furniture and amenities very up to date and in excellent condition. Wireless internet access was reliable and speedy. However, the staff is what really set it apart. The front desk and the cleaning staff could not have been more polite or given better service. After the blizzard was over, I went out with the dreaded task of digging out the car. To my amazement, I found that John, the head of the Maintenance Department, had completely cleaned off the car itself and had dug wide paths on both sides of it. All I had to do was back up and go. This was after two feet of snow! I am still astonished by that. I offered him a tip and he refused. He finally relented and said he was going to do something for a good cause with it. That is the sort of person he is and the whole staff seems the same. You could not find a better staff at the Ritz. Stay at the Best Western Chelmsford and you will be in good hands.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Marge O, General Manager at Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and your nice comments for our staff and property. We have an amazing staff and I am very proud to work with each and every one of them. Thank goodness the winter is behind us and maybe you can come by for a "get-a-way" weekend and enjoy dinner at Moonstones Restaurant/Lounge and relax in the outdoor swimming pool in the beatifully landscaped backyard. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.
Tallmadge, Ohio
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We were there 9 nights and would stay 9 without hesitation. The front desk staff were amazing: they saved us money and got us a microwave for our room. Very clean room, lobby and cafe area. The breakfast cafe offered a nice assortment of breakfast food. Housekeeping responded to any special request with a smile. Sound proof rooms too!! If you are sleeping you do not even hear the shower. Great location near I 495 and a mile down Chelmsford St in either direction are stores and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Marge O, General Manager at Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your feelings and experience while staying with us. Our entire staff tries very hard to ensure every guest has a pleasant stay and takes pride in our hotel and the customer service we provide. They truly appreciate the recognition for all their hard work. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Lincoln, Maine
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I enjoyed my stay it this Best Western. It is in an easy to access location right of I-495. It has an amazing 5-star eatery right next door. The rooms were sizeable with outdoor balconies. The bathroom, like many Best Westerns, looks more like a prison bathroom. But it had a clean shower and good shower head. The heater did not have a thermostat, so it was difficult to regulate the temperature and sometimes too hot and stuffy. This hotel was a great value and the included breakfast had a couple of hot items.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Marge O, General Manager at Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
On behalf of our entire staff I would like to thank you for allowing us to be your host during your recent stay in Chelmsford. Our goal is to exceed your expectations at every opportunity and I see we did except for some difficulty with the thermostat control of the heating unit. The new units we are installing have digital controls which will help eliminate this problem. Thank you again and I hope we'll see you again soon.
Sidney maine
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had occasion to stay here between Christmas and New Years and wish we could have stayed longer. Clean, neat, gracious and professional, I would stay at this Best Western again. Thank you for a peaceful and comfortable nights sleep!

Room Tip: I have no doubt all the rooms will be just as pleasant as the one we stayed in!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
It was our pleasure to host your stay during the holiday season. We hope you get a chance to come back again soon.
Southampton, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This place was just perfect.After attending a funeral in Maine, we needed a place for a night.The staff was so helpful in getting us a comfortable room for my mother,brother,and me.They were even able to recommend a restaurant for us!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Its the best hotel to stay in at Chelmsford since its near the main highway to Boston.

Pluses:

Free internet

Cozy breakfast area that serves basic breakfast

Comfortable seats at the reception area

Comfortable Queen size(not double) beds.

Large grounds and nice pool

Spacious and free parking area

Nice restaurant(Moonstones restaurant) just infront of the hotel

Near the highway

20 minutes drive to downtown Boston

Negatives

Our rooms airconditioning unit was noisy

Only one elevator for the guests

Computer at the reception area has no keyboard you still have to request for the keyboard from front desk in order to use it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelmsford
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell