“Easy access on/off I-495, friendly staff and clean.”

Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Chelmsford
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed here on the way home from Maine and found a nice hotel awaiting us. There was a thunderstorm that evening that knocked out the phones, but everyone was helpful in assisting us. The two biggest problems are the aging elevator and the bathroom fan that sounds like an airplane is taking off, but I consider these minor. Overall I thought it was a good place to stay snd would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2012
Marge O, General Manager at Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chelmsford Inn as a safe haven from that horrific lightening/thunder storm that knocked out our telephone system and swimming pool filtering system. Our staff went above the "call of duty" that night to ensure our guests needs and satisfaction. I can assure you we will address the bathroom fan "that sounds like an airplane is taking off" and make it sound like a "airplane that is flying smoothly and silently". Thanks again for staying with us and I hope to see you again soon

Reviewed August 13, 2012

In July/12 I was motorcycling home from the east coast. I was about halfway home after a 12 hour ride and I saw the Best Western sign on the Interstate. I stopped in with no reservation. The desk clerk was very pleasant and friendly. I asked for a King non-smoking room and she had one for me and gave me CAA/AAA rate. She said that I could park my motorcycle under the canopy at the entrance in case it rains and so the night staff will be able to keep an eye on it. I thought that was great. The hotel was clean. I got to my 2nd floor room and was great. It was bigger than average and very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel was busy yet very quiet. I did not stay for the free breakfast. Check out was great. The clerk was the guy who had been on all night and knew that it was my motorcycle he'd been watching. He was very funny. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Marge O, General Manager at Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for writing such a nice review of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chelmsford Inn and for recognizing our outstanding staff that is dedicated to customer service. We strive to ensure every guest has a pleasant stay with us. It is unfortunate that you did not have the time enjoy our complimentary HOT breakfast buffet which offers a variety of fruits, yogurts, cereals, waffles, hard boiled and cooked eggs, bacon or sausage, breads, pastries and beverages. Hopefully you were able to enjoy a cup of coffee in your room with our new Keurig coffee makers. Our large, spacious guestrooms also feature free 37" flat screen televisions, high speed internet access and refrigerators in every room. Hopefully you will be able to come back this way and enjoy our outdoor pool, Fitness Center or Moonstones Restaurant and Lounge.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My family and I checked in to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chelmsford Inn on Aug 4 & 5th. We used our Air Miles plan for this and it was what Air Miles had recommended. My only real critierias was that I wanted a non-smoking room, pool and breakfast included.

When we checked in, we were told that a rain storm had knocked out the phones, as well we could not use the pool. Not a huge deal, as it was fairly late by that time. The lady at the counter was very nice and helpful, I must point out. When we went to the 2nd floor, we were hit with this terrible smell. It felt like a cross between cherry cough syrup and used diapers. It was so bad, I literally had to hold my hand over my mouth. Thankfully the room did not have the smell. The bathroom was missing the hair dryer and everything felt old and damp.

The breakfast room was very small and had about 8 tables. Pretty unacceptable for a hotel this size. We went out for the day and when we came back, we asked if we could use the pool. We were told that it was closed due to a rain storm. Hmm, it rained slightly hours earlier and it was still closed? Anyway, we went to bed and when I climbed in the covers, I noticed that there was blood smeared on the comforter. It was midnight by then and I just left it. We told the kind lady at reception about it and she said she would have moved us (our kids were already asleep at this point). She also said the room should have had a hair dryer. Between the blood and the horrible smell on the 2nd floor, we would never stay here again. Which was too bad, as we normally quite like Best Western's and I purposely asked Air Miles to recommend a Best Western for us.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ghostpoo

Thank you for sharing your experience and I'm sorry to hear that it was not a pleasant one. That horrific thunder, lightning and rain storm not only knocked out our telephone system, it also shut down the pump and filtering system to the swimming pool preventing us from opening the pool for safety reasons. Unfortunately, this occurred on the weekend and the service vendor was not able to make repairs until Monday morning. Our Housekeeping staff and myself are embarrassed by the comments regarding the odor in the hallway and the condition of the room but please be rest assured that it was not blood on the comforter but a stain that was not removed with bleach and laundering and the comforter should have been destroyed. Again, please accept my sincere apology that you were not abble to experience the clean, comfortable rooms and outstanding customer service that we are known for. Thanks again for staying with us and I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

My wife and I have traveled quite a bit since we have both retired. We usually go to b and b's but decided to try a regular hotel. The reviews for this hotel were good and the price was very fair. We were greeted very nicely and given our keys. When we entered the room (it felt like a suite), we were pleasantly surprised at the size and furnishings we found. The king bed was most comfortable, a large flat screen tv was a joy for my wife. I enjoyed the breakfast. The price was right with interesting choices. What I learned on this stay is that Best Western now offers three levels of lodging - standard, deluxe, and something that must be luxury. The Chelmsford is listed as a deluxe and we immediately noticed how nice that label can be. We still love the b and b experience because of the other visitors we normally encounter but if you want a comfy bed, quiet room, and a spacious room, give this one a try.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jjkuzma1
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words in recognizing the hard work of our staff. Our team is truly dedicated to customer service and I'm glad it shows. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stopped at the Best Western Plus in Chelmsford, MA on Friday night May 11. It was nearing 11 pm. I had traveled to Massachusetts to see the dance recitals of my granddaughter. I had had a long day of driving having come from Albany, NY. As it happened, the recital was over 3 hours long. I had forgotten to bring my regular glasses and was forced to drive with my prescription sunglasses. After being in Littleton and then on Route 495 I knew I would not make it to North Andover, where I had planned to stay with my brother and his wife safely. I found the Best Western Plus. Kathy Dugan was staffing the desk. She got me a handicap accessible room (I have to use crutches to walk) and she carried my luggage up to my room for me. Then, she went and got ice for me. I was pleased and surprised by the kindness and courtesy. The room was comfortable and I had a good night's sleep for my Saturday activity. Thanks to Kathy and the other staff who helped make my stay a good one!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank RevBarbaraJ
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

I am so glad we were here to help you and you were well rested for your grandaughter's recital. Cathy is truly a remarkable person and we are so fortunate and proud to have her on our staff. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

It may not look like much from the outside, but on the inside, this hotel is clean and cozy and the staff really go out of their way to help. Our car wouldn't start and the staff quickly found us a set of jumper cables. With checking in and out they were quick, efficient and friendly. Overall great experience. The breakfast is terrible, but I can't blame the staff for that... Overall good value.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We booked one room with a King sized bed for one night. It was fine for what we needed it for. It was clean and everything was in working order. The hot water did take about thirty minutes to turn on, though...that was kind of a drag. Also, the only person I saw working there was the front desk clerk who showed up after a couple minutes of us waiting around. Not totally welcoming, but it was late at night.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelmsford
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell
UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center
Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford
Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford
Westford Regency Inn
Westford Regency Inn
#3 of 3 in Westford
Fairfield Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover

Been to Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn? Share your experiences!