“Not as good as the name would suggest.”

Fishbones in the Village
Ranked #1 of 76 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not as good as the name would suggest.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Short review, went with another couple, the place wasn't packed but busy enough, got seated quickly and ordered drinks...and ordered them again...eventually got them, there was nothing wrong with them really.The waitress was less than interested in coming back to our table. I tried to overlook the service but it probably soured our impression of the food. The portions were relatively small in relation to cost, not by city standards but it's not the city...have been here a couple of times before this amd noticed they took out the "Fish Market" style display for more welcomed, seating. I tried to like this place as it does look nice outside and inside but I guess you cant judge a fish by its scales... or something like that.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank IrlKnight

• Thai first
Massachusetts
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Fishbones probably 5 times now and the food and service is always great! They recently redid the bar area, making more room to enjoy a drink while waiting for your table! I usually get the blackened swordfish with mango pineapple salsa and it has always been delicious! The last time I went, I ordered the lazy man lobster. It was lobster meat in a dish with butter and cracker crumbs. It was good but for me there was too much butter. For desert, they have the best apple crisp I have ever tasted. Made fresh at Fishbones and big enough for two to share. Our service has always been great and we look forward to going back soon!

Chelmsford, Ma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unexpected in Chelmsford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Fishebones has provided a wonderful alternative in my own back yard. The atmosphere, service, and food are great.

Visited March 2012
Manchester, New Hampshire
“A Great Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Four of us went to Fishbones for lunch today. There was one Soup & Sandwich, fresh lobster meat on a light, flakey cresent roll with an excellent Clam Chowder. Our second guest had the excellent Clam Chowder followed by a golden brown Fried Haddock prepared with a delicate, light batter. French fries and coleslaw accompanied the Haddock luncheon. A Tuscan salad topped with Grilled Scallops (ordered separately) was by our third guest's selection but she couldn't finish it and took about half of it home.
Finally, I had the best meal of all, Luncheon Mixed Grill. Swordfish Tips, Salmon Fillet and a Jumbo Shrimp all perfectly grilled. This was served with several grilled vegetables and rice . I enjoyed a glass of their house Chardonnay, a perfectcompliment. The bottom line, everyone was pleased with what they ordered. I think you will be pleased also.
Check out the Fishbones (Chelmsford, MA) website for their updated daily menu. I think you will agree with me and the rest of the Tripadviser reviewers, Fishbones is top shelf.

• Visited January 2013
Littleton, Ma.
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Why do I love this place? The atmosphere is perfect. I love the new bar area. The food is fantastic, the specials creative. I have always had excellent service. The last two times we had Lauren as our server. She was polite, professional and made excellent suggestions. When I see the specials posted on Facebook, I have to control myself not to drive right over and eat those delicious specials. Keep up the good work.
Polly