“One word to describe...noisy”

Fishbones in the Village
Ranked #1 of 77 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“One word to describe...noisy”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have waited to review this restaurant until I visited again because the first time I went with a group of five friends to celebrate a birthday the server was beyond rude. The woman who chose the restaurant and arranged the evening had been there several times and assured us that she had previously never had such brusque and discourteous service. Our meals were very good but certainly not good enough to overshadow such insolent service. Reviews from others confirmed that our service experience was an anomaly but it took me over a year to be brave enough to go back. The service was much better, not high end service but pleasant enough. The lobster risotto was delicious and everyone was happy with their meals. Noisy and a bit pricey, without many other options in the area, Fishbones is worth a visit.

• Visited August 2012

• Thai first
Groton
“It is a weekly must!!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

My husband and I go to Fishbones at least once a week. The specials are always fantastic. The seafood is always amazingly fresh. Our favorite seats are at the counter where we can watch the chefs work their magic. If you are a fried seafood fan you have to try it here. It gets busy but it is worth the wait. The service is usually great too.

carlisle, ma
“If You Can Forget The Noise”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

If you can forget the decibel level and the crowding, this place is wonderful. I am reminded of Blacksalt in DC. There is even a fish market right on the premises. The seafood is fresh and perfectly prepared. There is a lively bar scene, although I could do without the TV. But GO for the fish. You can't go wrong.

• Visited October 2012
Columbus, OH
“great find”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had dinner here mid-week and was shocked at how crowded it was...until I was seated and realized that there is not a great deal of real estate. Admittedly the proximity to other diners made me slightly uncomfortable and the close knit set up makes for quite a loud dinner service. Those are, however, my only gripes. The service was fantastic, the wine list was good and i have never had such sweet succulent cherrystones in my life. I had the mediterranean pasta and it was fantastic, but with how intrigued i was by nearly every entree on the menu I'm sure whatever my ultimate choice was would have been a good one. Great find, highly recommend.

• Visited November 2012
Carlisle, Massachusetts
“What a local restaurant should be”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

A nice mix of thoughtful quality, excellent sourcing, accommodating staff, atmosphere, good cooking, location. Almost a bit of California cuisine in a seafood restaurant not on the water or in California - and a nice fish counter for takeout too. Also the burgers and non-seafood items are well above par. Have been coming here for years and always well up on the positive side

• Visited August 2012