“Not spicy”

Ranked #11 of 76 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Description: We serve traditional Indian cuisine in a festive atmosphere. With Madras grill dining, you will find enticing flavors, exotic ingredients and mouth watering selections. You will definitely not go hungry in Madras Grill and the prices will suit every pocket.
“Not spicy”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I ate here the other night. The Decore is nice and Indian music playing in the background. I ordered the Chicken Vindaloo, spicy. Sadly, what I got was a mild lightly heated chicken vindaloo. The sauce was not bad but would've been much better more spicy. The garlic Naan I had was good. However, the garlic was raw and very powerful as opposed to roasted and sweet. In the future I'll try somewhere else.

• Visited September 2013

Acton, Massachusetts
“It'll do in a pinch”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Although I love buffets, and although Madras Grill specializes in having a buffet, I found the food only passable and the selection limited. I may try it again as after my visit my co-workers (who were not with me on my visit) told me how much they liked Madras. perhaps it was a bad day.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank TegansDad
Boston, Massachusetts
“ok”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

It wasn't as good as it could be. It has a lot of potential and could be great. The staff doesn't really listen when you tell them how spicy it should be. Luckly the price is good, though the quality isn't really.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Smrithi E
Boston, Massachusetts
“Arguably the best South Indian restaurant in the Boston area”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I eat here every week. Sometimes, more than once.

The restaurant serves authentic south Indian food. This is a distinct niche, and in short supply in the Boston area.

The lunch buffet on the weekends is particularly good, if you want to try that do it on Sunday's when they have more of a South Indian flavor than Saturdays (when you have more North Indian stuff as well).

Try the Kothu Paratha, particularly a good option ...

• Visited August 2013
“Yummy Indian Food”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I loved the buffet at Madras Grill. I had taken a friend who has never tried indian food before. She had such a great range of food - from vegan to all the different north indian food.
We love their biryani, shahi paneer. Their appetizers had a great selection - pakodas and chicken 65. We had great service and i love the ample space compared to the other indian restaurants. This is one of the better indian food places in the NH, MA area. We were excited to discover it!
They also cater to occassions - like birthdays. Its a great find

• Visited March 2013