“Welcome to Moe's!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Lakeland, Florida
“Welcome to Moe's!”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Always a friendly greeting and going on Mondays gets you a great deal on a burrito and drink. Comes with chips and help yourself to a variety of salsas. You watch as your burrito is made and you can make choices as to what you want in it so each one is made special. You can choose what kind of tortilla, beans, meat, and a variety of toppings. They can be large so feel free to ask for it to be cut so you can save half or share. Place is always clean and we have never been disappointed in the food taste or quantity. There are tvs to watch and music playing. This is a kid friendly place. I have seen all ages in there.

• Visited October 2011

Boston
“Great Sloppy Good Food”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

First time at Moe's won't be our last. When you enter the employee's all welcome you with a "Welcome to Moe's" from behind the counter. It's sort of a cafeteria line, you place your order and as they prepare you tell them what you want on your order. The staff was very friendly. I had a order of chicken nacho's that was more than enough fro a meal, loaded with whatever veggies, olives, salsa you want. My wife had a Taco salad, again loaded with all kinds of junk. We both washed it all down with a couple of ice cold beers. Food is very messy but so good.

• Visited October 2011
Lowell
“Good food, fair prices, but......”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I discovered Moe's Southwest Grill about 3 years ago through an ex-girlfriend who lives in the Worcester area. The Worcester store was a free spirited and friendly college hangout with loud music and a dynamic and oh-so-cool staff who were personable and eager to please. We all loved going to Moe's, especially my ex's 6 year old daughter whose eyes would light up when we told her we were "going to Moe's". Best of all, we loved the food.

About 2 years ago, I was pleasantly surprised to see that a Moe's franchise had opened close to me at 90 Drum Hill Rd. here in Chelmsford. Although the food is easily as good as that of the Worcester store, I noted right off the lack of "personality" in both ambiance and employee demeanor. Let's just say that it lacked the "fun" feel of the other store and, if I had to guess, could only conclude that the employees are not very happy here.

As of today, I will no longer do business with Moe's of Chelmsford, MA. Having skipped lunch and being absolutely famished, I was looking forward to one of their Overachiever tacos. Upon entering, I was greeted with the usual (but very lacking in enthusiasm) "welcome to Moe's" chorus from the prep line employees. In front of me, placing their order, were a middle aged woman and her young boy. All of us moved from the menu board to the prep line together - me after them. She chatted with me that she had "never been here before" upon which I eagerly comforted her by raving about the quality of the food. As we were talking, a rather rotund geeky looking man in a shirt and tie interrupted us and firmly admonished us both - in ear-shot of all in the store - that we are not to "lean on the glass".

Being hungry, hot and tired, I did not take his act of demeaning reprimand very well and decided to fight back. I told him that I was not "leaning on the glass" and that I was merely touching the aluminum frame. He once again shot back that we "not touch the glass" and that we "should read the signs". Unbelievably, this rude and inconsiderate idiot turned out to be the owner of the store. Fueled by my empty-stomach-irritability, I proceeded to call him everything in the book and asked for his name. I then walked out and next door to Panera Bread where they treat customers with respect.

Obviously, this Moe's franchise owner has a huge hang-up over customers touching the glass as there must have been 12 little red signs sitting on top of the glass counter (which I and the other customer obviously did not see). But what is more important is his complete lack of understanding that paying customers should never be greeted with a negative or admonishment upon entering an establishment no matter how right he believes he is. Not to mention the absolutely logical assumption that if a line of hungry customers has in front of them a vertical surface, that they are very likely to touch or lean on it.

I called Moe's customer service and filed a complaint. I suggested that if Mr. Derek Delorey does not like people touching his glass counter that he might want to consider changing his store design because spending his days ripping into paying customers might possibly bring about a premature end to his business. Tread at your own risk

• Visited June 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Your basic chain Meximerican”
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Nothing special about this meximerican fast food place.
If you are hungry and want a big burrito, it's a great place to go. Just don't go if you're not so hungry or going to be picky.