“Enjoyable Meal. Will Visit Again.”
Review of Moonstones

Moonstones
Reserve with OpenTable
Moonstones is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 78 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Description: General info: *Enjoy life one bite at a time at our globally inspired urban bistro in charming Chelmsford. *Come to celebrate or just to chill *open 7 days a week *"Sophisticated" Sunday brunch touted by Boston Globe Magazine Private Dining Book your next Shower, Wedding or Mitzvah, and have the moon all to yourselves, any Sunday from noon to 4PM. Moonstones celebrates global bonds-the moon, the sea, a love of food, wine, and revelry. We welcome you to enjoy beautiful design, local seafood and raw bar, globally inspired tapas and a carefully selected and wildly creative cocktail menu, beer and wine list. Moonstones promotes a fun, social, affordable atmosphere for those who seek a more diverse and dynamic dining option without the risk, cost and difficulty of distance or travel.
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We had a lovely meal of small plates, accompanied by a terrific selection of beer and wine. Be sure to ask the waiter for suggestions on what to eat and how much to order. We were served by Joseph R - a real pro!

1  Thank Merle A

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Really good experience. Was solo and just wanted a nice dinner. They delivered. I was especially pleased with my server Jennifer. She was so nice and pleasant. The food was great, I had a red curry pasta with scallops and shrimp in it. It was suburb. If you are in this area I am sure you will love it.

1  Thank chucksierke
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Moonstones is beautifully decorated, especially the bar. The atmosphere feels high-end but is still relaxing. It's a great place for couples or small groups. I was there with my (adult) daughter. We sat in the lounge area which is very comfortable. The menu is full of interesting drinks and 'small plates', like tapas or appetizers, that are very enticing for somebody who is a bit adventurous. We had peppadews (cherry peppers with goat cheese and honey), short ribs, Korean eggplant, buffalo calamari with crumbled bleu cheese, scallops, and more. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! It was all excellent. The small plates and drinks do add up, of course, and our bill was about $100 not including the tip. But you really get treated well by the staff so I thought it was worth it.

1  Thank jeffpdavid
Reviewed May 23, 2014

This place is perfect for date night, girls night or even a business dinner.

We didn't want a huge meal so we ordered snacks and small plates from the tapas menu. While we looked over the menu, a naan-like bread appetizer arrived for the table next door. I inquired about the intriguing dish to the waitress and advised that it was a special and the last order due to the private party. I was bummed. The flatbread pizza resembled the naan flat bread so we opted for the barbacoa pork with tomatillo and arugula.

The flat bread was amazing! The pork was tender and bursted with flavor. I loved the sweet peppers and pickled tomatillo. I would definitely recommend it and order it again.

The Korean pork belly lettuce wrapped looked succulent and amazing. Too bad the cut of pork was all fat. I know what pork belly is, I eat it all the time, it's supposed to be like a thick bacon with layers of fat and meat. In this case, it was almost all fat and a tiny layer of pork protein. It wasn't our favorite which is too bad because the seasoning was just right.

We got a side order of Pork Belly fried rice to continue with the fatty pig fatty theme. The portion was very generous for a $ 5.00 side dish. It could have been served as it's own separate meal. Although the rice dish was a little heavy on the ginger flavor, it was pretty tasty with the sriracha sauce we asked for on the side.

We loved the hoison duck sliders on soft Chinese steamed buns. The flavors blended wonderfully and I loved the Vietnamese "banh mi inspired" veggies that topped the mini sandwiches. I thought they tasted great also, now I'm going to try to make them at home.

During our last visit, we sampled the house chips. My husband remembered it so vividly and we had to get an order of the BBQ potato chips. They were dangerous. I had to stop myself from grabbing more. Needless to say,he polished them off.

1  Thank Kim-Marie
Reviewed May 14, 2014

First let me start with Joseph our waiter. AWESOME ! Going back I'd make sure I'd be asking for him! First time visit. This is a restaurant that can cost you little and be a reasonable night out or a small fortune . (ours was a small fortune but nothing out of the ordinary for a nice dinner out) the husbands split oysters, I had the tuna tartar ..it did lack a little something in flavor. I had the scallops/shrimp dish ..nice flavors with thai noodles the others tried a number of the tapas from the short ribs, duck sliders , lamb chop. this was our first time there. I'd go back and this would be a restaurant I'd be trying different dishes every time I'd go back

1  Thank jltmet56