“Fantastic Food”
Review of Moonstones

Moonstones
Reserve with OpenTable
Moonstones is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 78 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Description: General info: *Enjoy life one bite at a time at our globally inspired urban bistro in charming Chelmsford. *Come to celebrate or just to chill *open 7 days a week *"Sophisticated" Sunday brunch touted by Boston Globe Magazine Private Dining Book your next Shower, Wedding or Mitzvah, and have the moon all to yourselves, any Sunday from noon to 4PM. Moonstones celebrates global bonds-the moon, the sea, a love of food, wine, and revelry. We welcome you to enjoy beautiful design, local seafood and raw bar, globally inspired tapas and a carefully selected and wildly creative cocktail menu, beer and wine list. Moonstones promotes a fun, social, affordable atmosphere for those who seek a more diverse and dynamic dining option without the risk, cost and difficulty of distance or travel.
Reviewed July 16, 2013

What a super place. Our waitress was wonderful and suggested the small plates to allow us to try multiple items. We started with the smoked gruyere flatbread. It was so smoky and the mushrooms were flavorful - absolutely delicious. I also had the shrimp bisque and the seared scallop hot plate. I have never had more succulent, tender scallops ever!! My friend had the baby artichoke and french bean plate as well as the spanish patatas bravas. The crispy cheesecake rounded out the meal. The atmosphere is so relaxing and the waitress was attentive, knew the menu and was very nice. If I didn't live 8 hours away, I would go back again.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Moonstones is a restaurant you would expect in a downtown area. Top quality menu and food but fairly expensive. Worth it for one night anyway.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We spent our 5th anniversary here and couldn't have been happier.

The provided us a free glass of champagne for our anniversary wich was very nice.

The food was some of the best I have ever had. Each dish had a unique and distinct flavor. The ingredients were very fresh and it was clear time and effort was put into choosing each dish combination.

The service was tentative and on point, always available, without being overbearing.

Overall I highly recommend this place!!!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I would definitly recommend Moonstones! We went in and sat at the raw bar and had oyster on the half shell and huge shrimp cocktail. The waitstaff was very helpful in helping us chose a meal since it was our first visit. The beet salad with goat cheese was outstanding, a must try! Dinner was also great.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

A friend and I met for lunch on a Friday at 1PM. The restaurant is beautiful with various rooms for dining. We were seated in the bar area along with a few other people. Upon arrival the TV was on and very loud yet no one was watching .Fortunately the volume was turned down after awhile. The menu is limited but with enough eclectic choices including small plates. My friend and I both had the salmon with baby artichokes, green beans and pistachio butter - excellent! It came with some hard, zwieback type crackers which was the only flaw with the dish. Some delicious bread would have been nice when paying $15 for lunch. We enjoyed the air conditioning and ambiance on a very hot summer day. My friend ordered iced tea which she said tasted as if it had coffee in it. She was brought another and it was fine. Our waiter was a bit overzealous in that he did not take the signals that we were not ready to order, was ready to remove plates while we were still eating, asked us if we wanted dessert while we were still eating our entrees, and came over to pick up our payment when we had not even looked at the bill. He did refill our water glasses which I appreciated, yet after we paid and were still chatting did not come over after that to refill. It seemed as if he was relatively new at this and we felt rushed even though the room only had a few other diners.He did mention that he had been taught not to remove the plate if only one of the party had finished and I appreciated that. This practice has pretty much disappeared but it is correct. Removing the plate makes the person still eating feel rushed. I would return and would hope that should we have him again that he has improved his skills as a waiter. I think he was also bartending so perhaps that is his forte.