“Worth a SecondTry”
Review of Moonstones

Moonstones
Reserve with OpenTable
Moonstones is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 78 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Description: General info: *Enjoy life one bite at a time at our globally inspired urban bistro in charming Chelmsford. *Come to celebrate or just to chill *open 7 days a week *"Sophisticated" Sunday brunch touted by Boston Globe Magazine Private Dining Book your next Shower, Wedding or Mitzvah, and have the moon all to yourselves, any Sunday from noon to 4PM. Moonstones celebrates global bonds-the moon, the sea, a love of food, wine, and revelry. We welcome you to enjoy beautiful design, local seafood and raw bar, globally inspired tapas and a carefully selected and wildly creative cocktail menu, beer and wine list. Moonstones promotes a fun, social, affordable atmosphere for those who seek a more diverse and dynamic dining option without the risk, cost and difficulty of distance or travel.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The ambiance was very nice. We were seated next to a fireplace. The restaurant was busy but the noise level was at a level where conversation was possible.The winelist was a disappointment and very pricey but the oysters were great....very fresh. My meal (steak frites) was very good but a bit pricey. My companion had the picatta which was also very good. The service was the weak spot...our server did not seem very knowledgable and could not answer basic questions on menu items. He also disappeared for long periods of time. There is plenty of onsite parking.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was looking for a good place for oysters near Lowell MA. This place delivered. Little pricey but really good. I would come again. Clive at the raw bar was great!!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were looking for a romantic atmosphere with exquisite food and Moonstones was the place. We sat in front of the fireplace in comfortable wingback leather chairs. The waitress suggested a white chardonnay that was excellent so we ordered a bottle. For appetizers we tried the crispy chinese spring rolls and the seared scallops. Both were perfectly cooked and delicious. I asked for bread but you have to buy it for $6 and that was the only negative aspect of the meal (I was cheap so we went without bread). For entrees we had the sesame soy-lacquered salmon and the grilled filet mignon. Both meals were perfectly cooked and had wonderful side dishes. We were too full for dessert but we'll be back to try the crème brulee. Moonstones is the perfect restaurant for a romantic meal but BYOB (bring your own bread).

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was very impressed. I went for a late small dinner and enjoyed three plates. I started with the Prosciutto, which was well presented and tasty. Then I enjoyed the small plate of scallops with the lemon butter. Absolutely amazing and perfect temperature. I finished with a chocolate dessert cake, which was to-die-for, although very rich. The waitress had warned me that it would be rich. Each plate looked like an award winner on the food network for presentation. Everything was well prepared and very tasty. The hostess, waitress, and food delivery lady were all excellent. My water glass was re-filled without asking.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Walking in on a Wednesday night I was told they did not have any tables for me, would I mind sitting at the raw bar? No, not at all! It was September, and I was happy to stretch out the summer feeling by eating a few more oysters. I've been back many times since then, and never pass up trying at least two of their oyster varieties. They also have some unique and beautiful sushi offerings, and the raw bar is the place to see them come together. I tried my friend's steak frites this week, and it will be hard to resist on our next trip. The flavor was incredible, and the fries are addictive. They also have truffle fries. We're always warmly welcomed, and the restaurant and restrooms are easy on the eyes. My only complaint is once we decide we don't want desert, it's impossible to get another drink or the check. The waitstaff disappears. Up until that point they're usually great.