“Absolute Perfection on Cape Cod”

Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
New York City, New York
“Absolute Perfection on Cape Cod”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Superb experience from the moment we arrived; service from each individual we encountered, starting with the reservation over the phone several weeks prior to our visit, was outstanding. Staff goes well beyond the extra mile. First class restaurant on site, and even room service food was fabulous. But the real gem is the location, which is breathtaking - waking up every morning to the sunrise on the ocean outside my front door was wonderful. Pricey, but definitely worth it - would head back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front room if at all possible; better pricing before Easter and after Labor day
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I had a spa suite at my recent stay, and in a word; perfect! I absolutely loved everything about my stay. I would go back and stay here in a heartbeat. I have stayed in every room type in this resort and this room was by far the best!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mwisnes
Derry, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Quick trip to take advantage of a very generous anniversary gift from our three kids--4 yrs later! We booked an ocean view cottage and while the weather didn't cooperate, everything else was amazing. From the staff to the valet to the dining-expertly trained. Luz in the dining room was a joy, the front desk couldn't have been more accommodating and they provide transportation to local restaurants and Main Street in Range Rovers....
While not inexpensive it is definitely a first class operation, attending to every detail, in a beautiful setting, looking forward to returning in warmer weather-did I mention the location is superb?

Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I only stayed for two nights but I left feeling like I had been on vacation for a month! The first class service is unbeatable. I never saw any of the hotel staff without a smile from the front desk to the gardener. They are courteous with every word and move they make. After a long drive and feeling like I looked a bit like a bum on arrival, the staff greeted me like I was part of the royal family... it was heavenly. I will write a separate review about the amazing spa that is a must... It is worth every penny. By the way, this is not my first time there and I will keep writing these reviews as long as they keep up the great service!! So far, I've never been let down.... Thanks so much for another great vacation!

Room Tip: I have splurged on the spa suite and it's worth it if you are traveling sans kids. It's sup...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is the nicest spot on the Cape. We were able to get a lower rate because it was off season. The hotel is very well kept, across the street from the ocean and walkable to a very cool downtown stores, restaurant area. We stayed in a cottage across the way from the main hotel. The room was big with a window seating area, a desk area, couch, and king size bed. The only problem was the downstairs door slamming when visitors came in and out of this building. Darkening blinds or curtains would have helped also, too light in the morning for us.
We were able to visit one restaurant on property during our visit. The Sacred Cod, very good lunch, accommodating staff, nice dessert touch for birthday.

Room Tip: If you need it dark and quiet specify.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
resortmanagercbi, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Buzzy-10:

Thanks for your complimentary review of Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa, as well as highlighting the town of Chatham, we appreciated reading your thoughts. While certain aspects of the cottage room met your expectations, I am sorry to learn about the aggravating issue of an exterior entry door slamming. I have reported your feedback to our property maintenance team, so that we can check all exterior doors of our 30 out buildings, to ensure that all are adjusted properly.

I was also delighted to read that your lunch experience in The Sacred Cod was enjoyable – Happy Belated Birthday!

On behalf of our entire staff we look forward to welcoming you back to Chatham Bars Inn in the near future.

Michael Briggs
Resort Manager
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
mbriggs@chathambarsinn.com
508.945.6710
Montgomery, Texas
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The Chatham Bars Inn is one of the most beautiful hotel properties on Cape Cod, MA. Centrally located in the heart of Chatham, it features a beautiful beach within walking distance, great freshly prepared food, and a great way to be entertained by visiting the Chatham Fish Market just down the street. Where you can watch the fresh fish being delivered to market.

One of the best things about the CBI, is the breakfast brunch! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Just checked out of the CBI and couldn't wait to tell others what a great time I had with my boyfriend. If you are on the fence about staying here, let me tell you that you wont be disappointed. The staff was great, from the guys at the door right down to the ladies at the SPA. If you have time.... the SPA is a must. I cannot wait to go back, thinking September maybe.

1 Thank ellis1040
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
#4 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!