“April getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
Derry, New Hampshire
“April getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Quick trip to take advantage of a very generous anniversary gift from our three kids--4 yrs later! We booked an ocean view cottage and while the weather didn't cooperate, everything else was amazing. From the staff to the valet to the dining-expertly trained. Luz in the dining room was a joy, the front desk couldn't have been more accommodating and they provide transportation to local restaurants and Main Street in Range Rovers....
While not inexpensive it is definitely a first class operation, attending to every detail, in a beautiful setting, looking forward to returning in warmer weather-did I mention the location is superb?

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

I only stayed for two nights but I left feeling like I had been on vacation for a month! The first class service is unbeatable. I never saw any of the hotel staff without a smile from the front desk to the gardener. They are courteous with every word and move they make. After a long drive and feeling like I looked a bit like a bum on arrival, the staff greeted me like I was part of the royal family... it was heavenly. I will write a separate review about the amazing spa that is a must... It is worth every penny. By the way, this is not my first time there and I will keep writing these reviews as long as they keep up the great service!! So far, I've never been let down.... Thanks so much for another great vacation!

Room Tip: I have splurged on the spa suite and it's worth it if you are traveling sans kids. It's sup...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is the nicest spot on the Cape. We were able to get a lower rate because it was off season. The hotel is very well kept, across the street from the ocean and walkable to a very cool downtown stores, restaurant area. We stayed in a cottage across the way from the main hotel. The room was big with a window seating area, a desk area, couch, and king size bed. The only problem was the downstairs door slamming when visitors came in and out of this building. Darkening blinds or curtains would have helped also, too light in the morning for us.
We were able to visit one restaurant on property during our visit. The Sacred Cod, very good lunch, accommodating staff, nice dessert touch for birthday.

Room Tip: If you need it dark and quiet specify.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
resortmanagercbi, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Buzzy-10:

Thanks for your complimentary review of Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa, as well as highlighting the town of Chatham, we appreciated reading your thoughts. While certain aspects of the cottage room met your expectations, I am sorry to learn about the aggravating issue of an exterior entry door slamming. I have reported your feedback to our property maintenance team, so that we can check all exterior doors of our 30 out buildings, to ensure that all are adjusted properly.

I was also delighted to read that your lunch experience in The Sacred Cod was enjoyable – Happy Belated Birthday!

On behalf of our entire staff we look forward to welcoming you back to Chatham Bars Inn in the near future.

Michael Briggs
Resort Manager
mbriggs@chathambarsinn.com
508.945.6710
Montgomery, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

The Chatham Bars Inn is one of the most beautiful hotel properties on Cape Cod, MA. Centrally located in the heart of Chatham, it features a beautiful beach within walking distance, great freshly prepared food, and a great way to be entertained by visiting the Chatham Fish Market just down the street. Where you can watch the fresh fish being delivered to market.

One of the best things about the CBI, is the breakfast brunch! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Just checked out of the CBI and couldn't wait to tell others what a great time I had with my boyfriend. If you are on the fence about staying here, let me tell you that you wont be disappointed. The staff was great, from the guys at the door right down to the ladies at the SPA. If you have time.... the SPA is a must. I cannot wait to go back, thinking September maybe.

1 Thank ellis1040
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

I love this Inn, its location, amenities, and the restaurants. This is the second time I visitied and it could have been perfect: unfortunately I was not able to sleep well. Most prize the light, but I need dark or I wake at dawn and I went to the Inn for rest and relaxation. Also, the towels really need to be replaced, they are over washed and no longer soft. I'm nit-picking, I love the Inn and will be back, just not for the sleep.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear John B:

Thank you for your brief and constructive review; we appreciate the feedback regarding some room related facility and amenity opportunities. We are currently working with our laundry company regarding the softness of the towels and bed linens. From a quality control standpoint we recently noticed the same issues and have since seen a dramatic improvement in the overall feel of our towels, which should always be plush, soft and inviting. For your next visit, please don’t hesitate requesting a room that may have darker blinds, we should be able to remedy this based on our extensive room inventory.

Again, thanks for rating CBI with 4-stars, next time we will strive for earning back the 5th by making a few easy adjustments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

All the best,

Michael Briggs
Resort Manager
mbriggs@chathambarsinn.com
508.945.6710
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

This was such a charming hotel! The views were beautiful and the rooms had so much character. When we went it was a little chilly but it was still magical. We also had a wonderful spa experience and a great massage!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Blue Water on the Ocean
Blue Water on the Ocean
#6 of 21 in South Yarmouth
The Chatham Wayside Inn

Been to Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!