“An Amazing girls weekend getaway!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
Saratoga Springs, New York
“An Amazing girls weekend getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I can't recommend splurging on yourself! My girlfriend and I decided to celebrate 20 years of friendship and go to the CBI for a couple of days to get pampered and relax like never before! We are soooo glad we did! We stayed in a spa suite which was pricey, but soooo well worth it. It had it 's own steam shower, sauna, fireplace (for the chilly nights) and hot tub. AMAZING. We booked massages at the spa and lucked out to have wonderful weather and we were able to lay out by the pool in MAY...at the spa. The water was a balmy 82 degrees and it was like our own personal oasis! Pair that with drinks and appetizers...we were in heaven! We topped off the wonderful day with a dinner at the Tavern and it was wonderful! She had seared tuna and I had the beef tenderloin and it was delish! We even had drinks waiting for us in the room upon arrival (our favorites from years before) and it was a perfect start to our getaway! The staff was so attentive to every detail. It is simply like no other! We had room service for breakfast so we could fully experience being pampered...and it was simply divine! She had an omelet and I had eggs benedict. Complete with a pot of coffee and orange juice. We sat in the lush robes they provided and ate our breakfast in front of a warm fire watching the today show. Much better than the hustle and bustle of moms of small children! We were in heaven! I totally recommend this getaway. Every woman deserves this kind of experience! Hands down...best getaway! We decided this will be our yearly friends getaway! Can't wait to book it for next year! Do it! You will LOOOOOOOVE it!

Room Tip: the spa suites are to DIE for...if you like to be pampered or if you like spas...this room is for yo...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

One word of warning, they say that check-in STARTS at 4pm and this is literally true. We turned up around mid-day to be told the room was not ready (not too unexpected and fair enough) but Housekeeping would be advised we had arrived so would prioritise accordingly and having left cell number they would call us as soon as it was ready. Having mooched around, unable to change for the beach or use facilities, at 4.30pm we assumed the lack of a call was an oversight but no, when we asked yet again at reception the room was still not done. It's a nice hotel but don't expect that paying many hundreds of dollars will allow use of your room for more than a very few hours.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank LndnReviewer
resortmanagercbi, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your review of Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa on Trip Advisor. I am truly sorry to learn that your check in was delayed well beyond the 4 o’clock hour, I fully understand your frustration. At times, although we make our very best effort to ensure that all rooms are properly prepared for the guaranteed check in time, occasionally a scenario such as this occurs. An example of why a room could be delayed would be an unforeseen maintenance issue, a late departure from a previous guest or sometimes simply the volume of rooms due to check in during busier periods for the resort. Our housekeepers work diligently in properly preparing all guestrooms for arrival; however there are times when one of the above examples may occur, which in the end delays a new guest’s arrival.

I plan to discuss your comments with our reception desk staff, so that in the future, if a room is not ready by 4pm and we have the telephone number of a guest waiting, we can at least call with an update, offer any possible alternatives, a complimentary refreshment etc., all of which are a more than reasonable expectation. This is where we fell short, and could have done a much better job in keeping you updated on your room’s status.

I assure you that this is not the norm for Chatham Bars Inn, and I do hope that you will consider giving us another try in the future. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate contacting me directly. My email is mbriggs@chathambarsinn.com, or my direct line is 508.945.6710.

Thank you again for your comments, your feedback is valuable to us.

Michael Briggs
Resort Manager
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Davis, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I arrived at the hotel around 10:00 pm and i was starving. I asked if there was still room service or any of the restaurants open and everything had closed at 9:00. I told the two great women at the front desk that I was starving as I was on a plane all day long and just needed a bowl of chowder. I was told to check into my room and they would find out if I could get some food at the Tavern at the bar. By the time i was taken to my beach cottage in a new Range Rover, the front desk had already called and said the bar would have some chowder for me. The gentlemen whonrove me said I could have the food at the bar or he would even go and get it for me. I choose to get a ride back to the hotel and as soon as I got there I had chowder, and some great bread with Olive oil. I was even aked if I wanted a pizza. What great service!

We stayed in a beach cottage suite that is very comfortable facing the water and fishing boats. There is a huge bedroom with a king bed and fireplace. The living room is nicely furnished with lots of windows and aso a fireplace. Nice size refridgerator and even an expresso maker. The bathroom is huge with double sinks, large tub, shower and a bidet.

The Chatham Bar Inn is is really quiet and peaceful. My only complaint is the balcony: when sitting on the balcony you cannot see the water as the wood balcony is solid so you cannot see through it. We will definitely be back. Everyone we interacted with was extremely friendly and wanted to help.

Room Tip: Beach Cottage facing the water as the Sun come up in the morning and is is great to see the sunrise.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I attended a work event (3 days 2 nights) at the Chathma Bars Inn. While this place is not cheap, it's a great deal especially for off season. I stayed in a double Queen room at Seaview. From my room I could see a sliver of the sea in between tree branches. The room was gigantic. Plenty of room for a family. The bathroom was quite nice as well. My company had the whole event on site and one of the nights we had a clam bake which was amazing. Staff was really attentive without being intrusive.
I didn't check out the free wifi on site, but the cell phone signal was questionable for T mobile. It could have been carrier specific since AT&T did have a week signal.

This property is right on the beach. Even though it wasn't warm enough to swim in the ocean yet, the bonfire on the beach and a morning run along the beach was most enjoyable.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay. I think I'll bring my family back (hopefully soon!).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TorontoMao
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I were in the area to look at a sailboat that was for sale. I asked a friend who grew up in the area for a recommendation on where to stay. He said to stay at the Chatham Bars Inn - his parents honeymooned there and always went back when they could. Most excellent choice. We stayed in room #22 (third floor of old main hotel) - view of the sea with a patio. Room was spacious and extremely clean with a great bed and large bathroom. When ordering on line, they show extra items you can order - I added the wine package. It was in the room when we arrived - a big hit with my wife!

Room Tip: Old main hotel second floor ocean side has very large outdoor patio spaces (large enough to sunbath...
NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Absolutely terrific place to stay. Highly recommend this hotel and can not wait to stay there again. If I had to say anything bad at all it would be how expensive our room service was for what we got. We paid $72 for room service which included eggs, bacon, toast for two, coffee, orange juice. I found it a bit pricey for what we got. Other than that it was a great weekend away!!

1 Thank Travel1001NH
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My family and I have always enjoyed staying at this wonderful resort. This past weekend I hosted a Surprise Birthday Party for my husband at the Boat House. I knew from past experience with this resort that this would be the perfect place to celebrate with friends and family. Most of our guests stayed overnight and all raved over the accommodations as well as the delicious Clambake we enjoyed. Literally, all we had to do was show up and the staff took over from there. As always, the staff anticipates your every need before you even have to ask for it. As the saying goes, "You get what you pay for" ; this place might be pricey, but it is worth every penny when you have a special occasion to celebrate.

Room Tip: My husband & I were in a spa suite which is available to adults only which helps to keep a very...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Chatham Inn At 359 Main
The Chatham Wayside Inn
Blue Water on the Ocean
Blue Water on the Ocean
#6 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!