“Outstanding and memorable experience”

Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
Lynnfield, Massachusetts
“Outstanding and memorable experience”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Chatham Bars Inn exemplifies an Outstanding resort hotel. The staff are friendly and happy in a sincere way. The spa was amazing, the hot stone and deep tissue massage was pure bliss. We stayed in a spa suite and I did not want to leave- it's beautifully appointed, comfy bed and pillow, steam shower, sauna, jacuzzi tub, fireplace--heavenly. If you want to get away and truly relax, this is the place to go. The restaurant, Stars was also wonderful for dinner and a great buffet breakfast. We were celebrating my husbands birthday and before we left we reserved a weekend to celebrate my birthday! We did not want to leave.
Joanne Fortunato

Room Tip: The spa rooms are heavenly, large, spacious, beautiful. Gas fireplace, 2 person sauna, jacuzzi tub...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We checked in after a long drive and we were and looked quite exhausted; the front desk supervisor noticed that as well. While she was checking us in, she made of point of letting us know that we got a “Groupon” deal, I didn’t think it was necessary. In fact, I think it is rather un-classy, there were other guests nearby as well. I have stayed at many luxury resorts before on some kind of special or other and they never had the need to announce it out loud. Check-in did take longer than usual, she seemed to have some computer trouble but the gentleman working next to her was able to show her how to navigate through the system. Once we completed the check-in, I informed her that we had a few bags (we just went shopping), and wanted to know how to get back in the hotel and our room. Her explanation was very confusing, she told us that we could park ourselves but if we wanted to have a valet do it then we turn into another street. I think she figured we didn’t want to use to valet parking. We were so tired, we just wanted to get into the building as soon as possible; we did need the help. So, we drove into the valet area, and the bellman came in, I gave him $5 and we took out our 2 suitcases and maybe about 10 paper shopping bags. So, at this point, I was carrying my tote bag, my husband’s knapsack and about 10 shopping bag, and he asked me if we needed help carrying the bags to the room. I was surprised because I thought I was giving him $5 tip for that. I was irritated by now I said no. Then my husband and I walked in and looked for the elevator. We got in the elevator very awkwardly with all our bags and was trying to find the floor to room 110 as marked by the lady who checked us in. There were only 3 floors and we were confused and holding up the elevator, then we had to get out because we didn’t know where we had to go. I flagged another employee and asked for help, he told me it was room 11 and it was on the 2nd floor. That isn’t common sense – someone should have told me that. And, not once did the second bell man offer to help carry the bags to our room - a stranger would have tried to help a lady trying to carry about 12 bags. I was so disappointed. With a bad start, it is hard to recover. But to the resort's credit, the other wait staff at the restaurant were pleasant, the room was nice enough and their housekeeping staff were very friendly. The food was good but pricey - we ate only at their restaurant during our 2 night stay. Another benefit is that you get free wifi with the $10 daily resort fee.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
resortmanagercbi, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to learn that after your drive to Chatham, our performance at check in was both confusing and irritating to you. Overall our front of house staff is consistently given high marks for their quality of service, professionalism and accuracy, however in the instance we clearly fell short.

Although we are in a period of training many new members of our team for the coming season, it is our duty to ensure guests are treated with proper attention and given accurate information from our more seasoned staff, while they also work with new team members in training. I will certainly relay your concerns with our Front Office Manager so that we can prevent from occurring again.

I was happy to also read that you found our restaurant staff and housekeepers to be pleasant along with your room accommodations, which is more of the norm across the board. Please don’t hesitate contacting me directly should you have any further questions or concerns, my direct line is 508.945.6710.

Thank you again for your candid 3-star review, I feel that is a fair assessment given the circumstances of your initial greeting. Once again, I do apologize for our falling short of expectation during your initial check in, I know that we can and do much better than this on a normal basis.

We will look forward to welcoming you back under a more organized fashion with staff readily available to assist next time around.

Truly,

Michael Briggs
Resort Manager
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
mbriggs@chathambarsinn.com
508.945.6710
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Outstanding in every regard; a hotel which really knows how to look after you. It's in a beautiful spot with fabulous views, wonderfully appointed. The room (in Seaview) was wonderfully appointed and extremely comfortable.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paddy W
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 13, 2013

If you are looking for a relaxing and tremendously luxurious vacation or even a local stay-cation, I would highly recommend Chatham Bars Inn for their service, quality of rooms, and food! This place is truly the place to be year round, not just summers! Can't wait to go again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kravmama
Boston, MA
Reviewed April 9, 2013

A little pricey but the location is great and the rooms have a cozy cape cod feel. The food is okay, if you do your research think you can do better eating out. Beach is only steps away, staff was friendly and accommodating .

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank SolarGarlic
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Location is stunning and you can't beat having your breakfast looking at that view. We stayed as a family if four in one of the seaside guest houses. Extremely comfortable, loads of room and immaculately clean. The fish served in the tavern is second only to that served in the East Neuk of Fife. Would love to come back in the summer to make greater use of the amenities.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Nellismith
Boston
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have stayed at Chatham Bars Inn a number of times but never over the Easter holidays. It was such a special weekend I felt I had to write another review. My husband, (almost) 3 year old son, and I stayed 2 nights in an oceanview cottage suite. The views are spectacular overlooking the sand bars and Atlantic ocean. We arrived a little early but the front desk was able to pre-check us in and called us when the room was ready. We took the opportunity to take a walk on their private beach. Later in the afternoon (about 5:30pm) the Easter Bunny knocked on our door with an Easter basket for our son. It just made his weekend. It's these extra touches that make Chatham Bars Inn such a special place. We attended the Easter Egg hunt the next morning which was a lot of fun for the kids. The resort offers a fabulous Easter Brunch in their Stars restaurant - early reservations are needed. After another afternoon strolling on the beach we ordered room service on the Sunday evening - excellent service and food. I can't say enough good things about this place. We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for an oceanvierw cottage suite on the bluff
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!