“week-end away!!”

Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
“week-end away!!”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

the property is beautiful, the staff was friendly. It was a very relaxing trip. They are a few minutes away from the fish pier and a few minutes away from the lighthouse - we recommend walking the beach and looking for seals!! It is winter so a lot of the shops in town are closed. Perks - they will drive you and pick you up from any restaurant so you don't have to worry about parking.

We had a 'spa room' - The room was very spacious and very clean - it had a huge jacuzzi tub, a sauna and a steam shower- this area of the hotel has it's own pool and i am sure during the regular season is beautiful. The comforters were fluffy but the bed was just OK.

We will be going back in a few weeks and plan on trying out other areas of the hotel as they have some rooms that are waterfront - and love the off season bargain. We did eat breakfast at the hotel - the view is wonderful, but the food was just OK - it was an expensive breakfast - we did not do the Sunday Brunch because it was $45 per person!!

It was our anniversary so we did spend more than usual on a room but thought the upgrade of the tub, shower and sauna were worth it!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shesfromboston
mgbriggs, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and others on Trip Advisor. I am glad you found our property, staff and the spa enjoyable over your anniversary weekend celebration. For your next visit, feel free giving my office a call so that we can assist with some great water front options we have this time of year. My direct line is 508.945.6710.
We will look forward to welcoming you back sooner than later!
Michael Briggs
Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
NJ
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Really relaxing trip. Beach cottage was romantic and lovely as was view from main hotel porch for breakfast. Hotel will provide you with a driver to excellent restaurants in town for dinner.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank heyjude60
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 5, 2012

If you are looking to get away to somewhere relaxing, romantic and beautiful this is the spot! Chatham Bars Inn is filled with the most polite and helpful staff members, and the place is spotless. The room was so nice and clean, and the bed looked like a cloud you just wanted to lie on, thats how fluffy their comforters are. We were so impressed that we will go back again!!!!

2 Thank Natalia V
Dedham, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My husband and I spent New Year's Eve at this "Leading Hotels of the World" member hotel and it is beautiful as it is across from the beach. We were in one of the "cottages" on the top floor. The "cottages" are small buildings with about 6-8 rooms. The rooms were lovely and spacious...ours even had a gas fireplace...great touch in the winter. We paid about $259 for the night off season and I beleive the price doubles during high season. While nice, the room could have used some painting as there were lots of scuff marks and nicks on the floor and furniture. It wasn't much of a concern but if you were spending $500 per night, it could be! The hotel was 100% booked so we were unable to secure a dinner reservation at the Tavern. We were called for a last minute cancellation for brunch (10:30 am). Again, lovely dining room but there were several chairs missing "parts"! We didn't ask the price for brunch as we assumed it would be no more than $50/pp at this high end hotel. We should have asked. Our "breakfast" cost a total of $196 including taxes and tip! Brunch is $80 per person! Is it worth it. No. Granted there is some great seafood but at 10:30 am brunch start time, it's a little difficult to eat fish! For the price, I forced breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert down! And paid the price later! We chalked this up to an experience! So just be aware, if you get a great price on the room, just be warned the extras may get you! We love to travel and have no problem paying a higher price but this brunch was certainly not worth $80 pp! Beatiful property and a wonderful way to ring in the new year!

4 Thank Saint
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I stay at this beautiful resort every year. The employees are always so nice and helpful and the rooms are out of this world and very clean.

Room Tip: Every room is unique in its own way.
1 Thank Cory L
Barnstable
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I recently enjoyed the SpaSuite at CBI just prior to the holidays, and I felt like I was staying in my personal apartment spa sanctuary! I highly recommend this Suite...it is like no other. There is steam shower, sauna, hydrotherapy tub in the room, which is open and comfortably contemporary in decor. The seating/TV viewing area are great with a large granite countertop/refrigerator to snack, enjoy some beverages and completely relax! Plus there is a conveniently stored massage table under the bed. I did not take advantage of this feature, but would next time. I never left the room, nor wanted to! As usual, the staff at CBI and the spa could not be more accommodating and helpful. Thank You!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank L M
Wakefield, Rhode Island
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I just returned from a New Years weekend at CBI. As a vegan I was prepared for a simple dinner of veggies with rice or potato. Boy was I surprised when I enjoyed a meal that surpassed my wildest dreams. the staff went above and beyond in making sure my dietary preferences were fulfilled. Creative, Imaginative and delicious.

Last year there were some kinks in execution but this year it was a delightful celebration. We had a room overlooking the sandy beach that was clean, welcoming and comfortable. We felt like we had truly escaped from the day-to-day grind. An afternoon at the spa further contributed to our rejuvenating experience.

I highly recommend the CBI, it is pricey but worth every cent. I frequent the CBI 3-4 times a year and I feel they are continually raising the bar in their guest/customer service.

Room Tip: Choose rooms in the waterside cottages. They are larger than the rooms in the inn.
2 Thank cghwils
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!