“Always First Class”

Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The consistant level of exceptional service at the Chatham Bars Inn is second to none. My husband and I travel extensively and have stayed at some of the finest resorts in the world- few hold a candle to the classic beauty and sophistication of this hotel on the sea. We recently re-visited the resort for a relaxing vacation and it just keeps getting better and better. Highlights this trip included the new Gazebo Terrace Bar (the absolute perfect location to enjoy an early evening cocktail, overlooking the water) and the extremely warm, professional staff interactions we experienced (particularly Kathleen at the front desk who checked us in and out--just loved her warmth and resourcefulness!). We were also able to take kayaks out onto Pleasant Bay for the first time, which was just wonderful. The easy elegance and five star service continues to bring us back year after year and has yet to disappoint.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katie T
There are newer reviews for Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa

Reviewed September 13, 2011

If you truly want an exquisite experience on the cape, you must take a trip to Chatham Bars Inn. The location, the accommodations, the service all are truly top notch. Whether it is a weekend getaway, or a celebrating a memorable moment, I can't think of a better place to be. I have been coming here with my family for several years, and we expect to make it an ongoing annual event. Seeing the sunrise over the bars, savoring lunch by the seaside, and marveling in the majestic moonlight over the bay are all memories that I will never forget.

Room Tip: Its hard not to have a good room here - but a water view is icing on the cake. The suites are especi...
1  Thank Peter L
Reviewed September 12, 2011

One of my favorite places to stay! The main inn has old world character and all the luxury you'd expect at those prices. As they have expanded, they have kept the charm by adding cottage properties next door on the golf course and across the street on the ocean. All are modern and tastefully decorated but still feel like the old Chatham Bars Inn. The spa is fantastic and the massages were heavenly. Sitting on the veranda and having drinks just feels wonderful:) It is just a short walk to town which makes this location perfect. A wonderful place to get away or plan a wedding?

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trekfrk
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband & I decided to splurge for a special honeymoon location and decided upon Chatham Bars Inn Resort & Spa. Arriving very late in the evening we were thrilled to see helpful friendly check-in staff awaiting our arrival. They efficiently directed us to our cottage where we found chocolate strawberries and champagne.
The room was beautiful and bathroom was well stocked with quality products for our use. We awoke to breathtaking views of the ocean and sunrise. The pillows are to die for; I have never slept on anything like them.
The staffs on duty during the day were helpful, friendly and extremely accommodating. Despite a huge wedding being hosted by the hotel we were made to feel special on our honeymoon.
The restaurants and bars are comfortable with a lovely menu from which to choose meals.
This is not an inexpensive hotel in which to stay, but if you appreciate quality don't hesitate to book a holiday here.

Room Tip: there is a fridge and tea/coffee in the room so you could bring a few extras with you like wine
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I am the father of the groom. The wedding itself was spectacular. The venue, food and staff were all first rate. Staying at the Chatham Bars Inn (CBI) itself was not so great. The "wedding rate" for our postage stamp size room was over $400 a night and came with a wonderful view of CBI's roof-top air-conditioning units. The rate did not include internet access, which could be purchased for an additional $10 per diem charge. We checked in early afternoon, and while changing for our Rehearsal Dinner, found that the bathtub drain did not work. There was not sufficient time to have the drain repaired so we made the best of a bad situation.
On the wedding day we returned to our room just before 2PM to prepare for the 5PM wedding. We had planned to bathe & change in time to welcome the babysitter who was tasked to sit for our grandchildren in our room. We were stunned to find that our room had not been cleaned. When we asked for immediate cleaning, we were informed that they could only guarantee cleaning by 4PM! We proceeded to make the bed and grab towels from a deserted cleaning cart on the next floor. While closing our room blinds, we discovered some to be inoperative. Forgetting our room issues, we then proceeded to enjoy a wonderful once in a lifetime wedding experience.
At check out the next morning, I detailed to the front desk our room negative room experience, hoping for some accomodation. I received in return an "I'm sorry sir", and nothing more. So, to the CBI folks, let me say that I'm sorry to report that our family and friends will make a point to seek alternate accomodations when returning to Cape Cod.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank whiningguy
mgbriggs, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and others on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to have hosted your sons recent wedding celebration and most grateful for your positive feedback on the overall wedding experience. I am sorry however to hear of your discontent with our Main Inn accommodations room location and general maintenance condition. Furthermore, I apologize if one of our reception desk managers was not available at the time of check out to assist with any of your concerns. Finding resolve in a challenge presented is our utmost goal, especially while the guest is still on property. I would welcome a conversation, if possible, so that I can learn more details of your visit in effort to offer proper compensation for your room troubles. I can be reached on my office line of 508-945-6710 anytime.

Thank you again for selecting Chatham Bars Inn for your son's recent wedding celebration and we look forward to have the opportunity to restore your faith in our room accommodations.

Kindly,

Michael Briggs
Resort Manager

Reviewed September 10, 2011

The Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa is deservedly pricey. We spent a night in one of the nearby cottages, essentially a motel room in what looks like a two-level apartment. Even with a pair of double beds, the room looks spacious with ample closet space, a nicely styled bathroom, a separate sink outside the bathroom and a coffee maker on an attractive dresser. There is a small two-chair table next to the bench window seat. The beds, pillows and comforters were among the best I've enjoyed in any room.

1  Thank doctorbobster
Reviewed September 8, 2011

For our very first visit to the Cape, we chose to splurge and stay here for one night over Labor Day weekend. The room was very clean, nicely appointed and big. The grounds were lovely and the views of the bay were beautiful. I really wanted to love this place ... but I couldn't because of the staff. From our check-in at the front desk, to the rude staff in the gift shop, the unaccomadating receptionist at the Spa, to the woman at the concierge desk ....noone went out of their way to help you out. The easiest answer they knew how to give was "no" instead of figuring out how to get to "yes, we can make that happen." The pool staff and the kayak instructor were the two exceptions. We will not return here again.

3  Thank woopoo90
mgbriggs, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2011

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and others on Trip Advisor. As this was your first visit to the Cape, we are thrilled that you chose to stay at Chatham Bars Inn. I am sorry however to hear that potentially, specific members of our staff in various areas were found to be unaccommodating, according to your comments. It is our goal to ensure that all of our team members are performing to the highest service standards at all times. In addition, having accurate resort information and resources is essential so that we never have to resort to saying “no” to any of our guests. Occasionally even the finest of luxury hotels and resorts may have a service hiccup, and again I am sorry that you were subject to that at Chatham Bars Inn.
It is never easy to reverse a bad first impression; however we would be honored to invite you back for a service experience that is seamless from arrival through departure. Please don’t hesitate contacting me directly to discuss further or if I can be of assistance for a future visit. My direct line is ---------.

Truly,

Michael Briggs
Resort Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
#4 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!