“Shame they don't deliver to the UK!!”
Review of Corner Store

Corner Store
Ranked #5 of 68 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Healthy
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Last time we were in cape cod we ate here and loved it. So when we booked our vacation in Chatham we were sure that we had to pop in again and have the burrito tastic experience once more.

This time we brought some of our friends. We'd told them so much about this place so our reputation was on the line!!

And glad to say it was just as good as last time. We had 2 steak burritos and 1 chicken. Delicious. Plenty of toppings and glad they had both the option of refried beans and black beans too!

Loved the ordering process and the production line. Also great to see people enjoy what they do.

I wish we had a place like this in London.

1  Thank AymanN

Reviewed April 20, 2014

You get a whiff of the place even before you come around the bend. Seriously, if Sephora could bottle the smells emitting from this cozy Cape Coddish eatery, it would be a best seller!

It's impossible to find fault with food at this place. Not only can you choose from plentiful traditional topping fare but when offered the likes of grilled eggplant, baby arugula, pickled onions, not to mention the juiciest grilled chicken, steak, chorizo, etc., the heart skips more than a few beats. I boldly select topping after topping feeling that I want to cram as many veggies into that oversized tortilla while mentally justifying my greediness with the knowledge that I could probably satisfy my daily quota of veggies for two days in that one enormous bundle.

As if that wasn't enough, this place showcases their whoopee pies smack-dab by the front door and within easy viewing while you're waiting to order the burrito. The eyes capture the generous fillings and before you know it, you've convinced yourself to order not just one, but several (they freeze great!).

Now as good as the food is at this charming establishment, I have to say the staff tops the toppings! Steve hired a teenager named Jared this year who employer's should use as a model for delivering "Customer Service." It was a few weeks ago when I pulled up at 7 PM and immediately realized it was closed. Mine and my daughter's disappointment at having missed the burrito by 30 minutes was palpable. I see a young man flip the "Open" sign to "Closed" and turn the lock. There's no hope. I turn to apologize to my daughter when I see this young man at my car window. I roll the window down only to have him smile and apologize for being closed. He tells me the days and hours they're open and finishes by saying he hopes I'll return.

It wasn't a canned phrase robotically delivered; he was sincere. I thanked him for his thoughtfulness and assure him we'll be back. We kept our word and returned the following week. So while you're on Cape Cod headed to the beach, shopping for the perfect gift or just taking a Sunday drive, mosey on over to The Corner Store where the people make more than just a burrito, they make your day!

2  Thank capecodjuner
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The Corner Store is famous on Cape Cod for their delicious sandwiches and burritos. You can never be less than completely satisfied because they use wonderful ingredients and make each sandwich exactly as you like it. The crew is fun and very hard working so the lines move along quite well. The parking lot is challenging because everyone wants food from The Corner Store. The great news is that I read in the local paper they are opening another shop on Main Street Orleans this summer. Can't wait to go again soon.

1  Thank C W
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I am one of the ever-growing group of people that frequent the Corner Store on a (too) regular basis. The food is so good that when you go you already start thinking about the next time. What's it say when part of my morning ritual is to check the Corner Store's specials for the day? I couldn't possibly miss a Buffalo Chicken burrito day! Suffice it to say that they live up to their motto: Fresh, Fast and Fun. Great crew that is always welcoming and enthusiastic.

1  Thank brianbribri
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The Corner Store is at the corner of a main intersection in Harwich, traffic is notorious there, but a stop for a handful of sandwiches, burritos and/or their excellent desserts is a don't miss. I had driven by for a few years thinking it was just a market. They showcase their daily specials on the web, which is really convenient because I'd always advise to call ahead to order, even in the off-season because we locals love it! Do not leave the Corner Store without trying one of their whoopie pies, I've never had a better one anywhere, ever, including my moms or my own!

1  Thank Deb L