“A Fantastic Place To Stay”
Review of Carriage House Inn

Carriage House Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Chatham B&B and Inns
Manchester, England
“A Fantastic Place To Stay”
Reviewed June 7, 2009

The Carriage House Inn was perfect in every way and made our honeymoon very special. Tim and Paula are great hosts and made us feel very welcome. They were really helpful with their local knowledge and couldn't do enough for us. Their attention to detail is what makes this guest house stand out from others we have stayed in. The breakfasts were wonderful and our room (No.6) was lovely. Chatham itself is a charming town with nice shops and restaurants and amazing beaches. We visted nearby towns and felt Chatham had the most to offer. The Carriage House Inn was the prefect place to stay. Loved the complementary cookies and great dvd collection.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed June 4, 2009

Our recent stay at The Carriage House Inn was wonderful. Our hosts helped us find running paths, whale watching tours, beaches, lighthouse tours, and restaurants. Our room was clean & quiet with a peaceful sitting area just outside. I wish I could bring their breakfast home with me- the warm fruit and pastry, the banana bread, and even when we had to leave early they kindly packed us a bagged breakfast. A huge thank you to Paula & Tim!

Spencer, MA
Reviewed June 1, 2009

This was our first B&B experience so being treated as a guest in someone's home was a pleasant surprise and so different from a hotel. I agree with all the good things that were said in other reviews but in addition I would mention the small things which are important to me - the sound machine (waves, crickets, tropical jungle), high def TV with instructions and channel listing, DVD library, books, and a thick binder with restaurant menus and reviews. Tim and Paula have gone to great lengths to make our stay enjoyable. However they couldn't give us better wather which was cloudy and a little cool for May. Maybe the next time we stay at the Carriage House they can give us nice weather. And there will be a next time even though our normal Cape trips are to Brewster in our motorhome. Richard and Barbara

new jersey
Reviewed May 31, 2009

Tim and Paula are the nicest people. They couldn't do more for their guests.They are warm, friendly and accomodating. As Inn Keepers they have thought of everything to make your stay a pleasant one. Tim makes a great breakfast and a different one each day. They are to die for. Paula makes you feel you are part of the family.
There are many places in Chatham to stay but you will be missing so much if you don;t stay at the Carriage House Inn. It has so much to offer. The rooms are decorated so nicely the grounds are beautiful and it is near a lovely beach, close to shopping and reastaurants. We can't wait to go back. Joe & Kathy (New Jersey)

Boston
Reviewed May 27, 2009

Staying at the Carriage House Inn was an absolutely fabulous experience. Tim and Paula were welcoming, helpful and genuinely interested in our travel experience. When I booked the reservation several months in advance, I mentioned that I was traveling with my mom to celebrate my college graduation- they obviously wrote it down and made a point of congratulating me multiple times when I arrived. I thought that was highly impressive, and something that not many other inn owners would take such care to note. The food was delicious, and the fresh chocolate chip cookies upon arrival made the house smell irresistible. I will be certain to return in the future.

• Stayed May 2009
New York, NY
Reviewed May 3, 2009

My husband, mother and I had the pleasure of staying at the Carriage House Inn during a trip to spend time with family. My husband and I stayed in Room 5 in the carriage house, and my mother stayed in a room in the main house. We absolutely loved our room. It had a fireplace, which we used two nights in a row. My mother's room was also very nice.

Most importantly, Paula and Tim were a couple of the nicest innkeepers we've ever had the pleasure of staying with. Their breakfasts were fabulous, and they were incredibly helpful in terms of finding things to do in the area. We are already planning on going back up to the Cape next year, partly so we can stay at the Carriage House Inn! :)

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Palo Alto, CA
Reviewed May 2, 2009

Great B&B! The inkeepers, Paula and Tim are fabulous, down-to-earth, and very knowledgable about the area. The rooms, beds, and breakfast are all wonderful! But best of all...Paula's CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! In fact, I would stay there again just for those!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Pleasant Bay Village
#3 of 9 in Chatham
The Old Harbor Inn
The Old Harbor Inn
#1 of 9 in Chatham

Been to Carriage House Inn? Share your experiences!