“Great stay in Chatham”

Chatham Guest Rooms
Ranked #6 of 9 Chatham B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This past weekend we stayed at the Guest Rooms in the Garden suite. The suite was very spacious, clean, comfortable and had a great wrap around porch to allow for some hanging out time in between wedding events of which we were in town for. Upon arrival, the owners, Bob and Dianne warmly greeted us and were very accommodating during our entire stay - they have an extensive knowledge of the area and are happy to recommend places to go. Would highly recommend any one stay at the Chatham Guest Rooms if they are looking for a no stress getaway right near downtown Chatham at a very reasonable price.The other 2 rooms were also rented out by guests of the same wedding and we all compared notes on how fantastic of a place it was - so close to where we needed to be, at a fraction of the price. Without a doubt, we'd be happy to return again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've stayed at the Chatham Guest Rooms for three years in a row and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Our rooms are always ready, clean, and we're always welcomed graciously and remembered. We've stayed in all the rooms and my favorite is the Main Street. It's the perfect little relaxing cottage.

Room Tip: Any of the three rooms great but my recommendations are the Main and East Suites.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Chatham Guest Rooms are three suites, each with its own entrance, in an historic house lovingly renovated by the owners. It is situated about a mile and a half outside Chatham on Route 28. It is ideally centrally situated for exploring the Cape.

We stayed for four nights in the Main Suite which consists of a sitting room with masses of books, a large bathroom and a multi-purpose room with a comfortable bed, dining area and full kitchen.

On arrival we were greeted by Bob, and Kathryn who showed us over the immaculate apartment and gave us very useful advice on getting around the Cape and local places to visit. There is a folder with all sorts of useful information including a short history of the building. A tourist road atlas of the Cape for the guest’s use is also provided which proved invaluable to us in getting around.

We chose the Main Suite because the kitchen was important to us. We wanted to take a break from eating out and cook for ourselves. It is fitted with all the appliances needed – a full size stove, fridge / freezer, dishwasher, microwave, toaster grill, washing machine and tumble dryer. There is enough cooking equipment and dishes to cook a proper meal. Basics like coffee, salt, pepper, herbs, sugar and washing up liquid are provided. We shopped at Chatham Village Market for everything else.

Provision is made for separating composting, recycling and rubbish and these are emptied daily. Air conditioning is provided in the warmer months. There is ample storage. Towels, kitchen linen and hair dryer are provided. There is wi-fi. Plenty of parking behind the house.

We felt very much at home up in our little eyrie and spent four very happy days there. Although this apartment does not have its own outside space we could have sat in the pretty garden – had there been time!

If we come back to the Cape we will definitely stay again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed in the East Room for 2 nights to attend a wedding the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend at the Chatham Bars Inn. Our room was ready and clean prior to official check in, which was a nice and welcome surprise, giving us ample time to change to attend a 4 pm wedding. Given the room rate, we we pleasantly surprise at the size, updated quality and cleanliness of the room. Couldn't be happier with our accommodations. Both Danielle and Bob greeted us with a smile and warm welcome. We especially loved the mattress: most comfortable one we've slept on while away. Danielle informed us it was brand new and was a step below a Tempur-pedic.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have been coming to my parents' home in (West) Chatham for over 40 years. Recently it has worked well for my children and me to stay in our own accommodations. This past Fall (2012) I came across the Chatham Guest Rooms online as I was researching a place for us to stay when we came to visit. Knowing Chatham well, I knew exactly where this was located and how close it was to my parents' home near Hardings Beach. I booked the Garden Room to accommodate my 20-year-old son, 10-year-old son, and me for a long weekend. It was perfect for us three with my older son upstairs in his own space with a nice large bed and my younger son and I sharing a very comfortable large pull-out sofa in the downstairs area. Bathroom and all furnishings were very pleasant and "Cape Cod-ish." We had a great view of the backyard and surroundings and a sliding patio door to the back porch area. This past weekend, I returned to Chatham to visit my parents, this time with my 17-year-old and 10-year-old sons. The Garden Room had already been booked for this time period, so Bob suggested that the Main Room (up an outdoor stairway from the Garden Room) would work well for us. He was sure right and this room, the Main Room, was even better than the Garden Room (and we loved the Garden Room!). The Main room was basically a very nicely appointed, light, bright, and airy one-bedroom apartment with full kitchen, Cape Cod feel, and many modern touches. I was hoping to book another stay for the end of July, but, no surprise, all three rooms (there is an East Room, which I have not yet seen), are solidly booked at the end of July. The location, to my thinking, is perfect- so close to the beautiful Harding's Beach, downtown, Shop-a-Hoy with Larry's PX for breakfast/lunch, and Dunkin' Donuts at the corner for a quick coffee and donut. Parking is convenient and ample in the back of the house. And, second only to the quality of the rooms and hospitality of Bob and Danielle (owners) is the price. I cannot imagine a better value anywhere in Chatham!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ChathamMass, Owner at Chatham Guest Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments and the extra details. We will do all possible to find room for you again in the future. We really enjoyed having you stay with us once again and appreciate your repeat business.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We spent our first Thanksgiving weekend (we are Italians!)there and it was fantastic to enjoy the area in the low season!The apartment is great, well equipped (nice furniture!) so if you like you can have breakfast and eat at home using the microwave and the nice close fish shop where you can buy good take away sea food!I appreciated a lot coming back to the apartment and have a hot coffee or tea after a long walk on the windy beach!The owners are very welcoming people and they were useful providing suggestion such as restaurants, etc. The map of antiquity shop run by the owners of the Guest Rooms, just in the front of the house is definitely an added value !It was the perfect location also for our little Jacopo, two years old.We will come back soon!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lauraa76
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Very nicely appointed. Jacuzzi bath, flat screen tv, dishwasher, full size stove & frig. Very close to Hardings Beach and Forest Beach. Short trip to town. Found many gluten free friendly restaurants nearby!

Room Tip: Apartment is well insulated and very warm and was able to without heat.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple