“Clueless waitstaff and overpriced”
Review of The Blue Coral

The Blue Coral
Ranked #29 of 69 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had two problems with this restaurant. The first was the cheap furniture, hokey neon signs at the bar and general low-rent crab shack feel to the place that was totally at odds with the $30-$40 entree prices on the menu.

My main problem was the desperately inexperienced waitstaff that rushed my wife and I through our meal. The main course arrived within a minute of us finishing our starters. While eating our main course we were interrupted to be asked if we wanted coffee, and we said yes assuming it would come with our desserts. Seconds later two cups of coffee appeared on the table - while we were still eating and our wine bottle was still half full! We had three courses yet were out the door within 45 minutes of sitting down, and about $200 lighter. We had some good meals in Chatham but this wasn't one of them. The food was unmemorable and overpriced for what it was. Never again.

3  Thank Wayne K

Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Chatham has always lacked in my opinion bars/restaurants that capitalize on their surroundings. Why would I ever want to be inside whilst on Cape Cod in the summer? Hence The Blue Coral became my favorite spot this past summer. Bartender Jason was great for the position and got me enjoying this stuffy town far more than any other bartender has- and I've suffered through a bunch of them. Prices in Chatham are high- get used to it. At least at Blue Coral you get an atmosphere deserving of the price.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I dined at here over the summer. We heard about this restaurant from a friend. Had a little trouble finding it, but were so glad we did. Al fresco dining at it finest. Our waiter was obviously experienced and helpful. The food was great, but the atmosphere was the icing on the cake. Good food, good drinks and a beautiful night. Can't wait to come back in 2013.

Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

We went to Blue Coral because we live at the cape all summer and frequent downtown chatham quite often. To switch it up and try something new we thought we would try this place. A lesson is to check the faithful trip advisor before you try someplace new. This step would have avoided One of the worst lunches we have ever had in this great little town. The prices were so over the top it was laughable for the food quality and portion size. I ordered a salad that came on what appeared to be a bread plate. The lettuce was falling off the sides of the plate after each fork full. Ive never seen a salad as a lunch portion presented this way. I thought they might have run out of real plates. My lunch companions ordered paninis which were flavorless and dry. We were so disappointed in the whole meal we wanted to post a sign out front on the shark or dolphin whatever it was to let potential victims to stay away!! Better choice is a block away at the squire. A good deal and good food.

2  Thank julesjacko
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Dined with my husband and two children (12, 9). Great mussels, good drinks, wonderful atmosphere! Hidden down an alley. Hate the wine glasses!