“Completely Out of Touch re: Children”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Wild Goose Tavern

Wild Goose Tavern
Ranked #12 of 67 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: American, Bar, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Upstate NY
“Completely Out of Touch re: Children”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

This afternoon, my wife and I and are two daughters (ages 1 [who was sleeping] and 3) visited this restaurant for lunch. While there was an ABUNDANCE of space in the dining room, we were told that strollers were not allowed and a woman with whom the hostess conferred suggested we wake up our sleeping one year old and place her in a highchair because she "cannot allow strollers in the dining room."

While I am sure there is some logic underlying this policy, I would assume it has something to do with space issues and/or hazzards associated with a stroller in the walkway. However, when the dining room is not half full, the logic behind such a policy clearly does not apply. Moreover, the ignorance/arrogance of the "manager" (or woman passing herself off as "in charge") was beyond rude.

Though we are regular visitors to Chatham, we will not step foot in this establishment again.

1 Thank youngNYfamily

Buffalo
“Our favorite dinner in Chatham...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2010

We ate here on our 1st night in Chatham. We sat on the patio and ordered some wine along with the oysters for an appetizer. So fresh...yum. I ordered The Sea of Love which was a pasta with crab, lobster, shrimp, mussels in a wine broth. It was excellent. My husband ordered a scallop dish that had applewood smoked bacon and cheese melted over it. He loved that as well! The server was very good and friendly. Nice patio too. Inside was a little boring though. Had no desire to stay for a drink which is too bad.

Albany, Ny
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2010

My wife had dinner here last night. The dinner came with a Valentine's weekend package. Our food and service were excellent.
My wife had the shrimp, scallop and lobster over penne pasta and I had the filet menion with garlice mashed potatoes and asparagus.
The dinners were $28.95 on the menu. We might have looked for something cheaper on the menu, but since dinner was part of the package it didn't matter.
My wife liked her chardonney and I liked the Hahn cabernet house wine. The chardonney was $12 and the Hahn was $8.
We really enjoyed the dinner, service and the atmosphere. It's strange but since it came as part of the package (we paid over $400 for 2 nights stay, dinner and a brunch plus other niceties) it seemed like we weren't paying for it. The first glasses of wine came as part of the package, but we did have to pay for additional glasses.

Wellfleet, Massachusetts
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2009

We had an amazing experience here at the Wild Goose this week. The hostess/manager was very friendly and found a great table for us right away. Immediately the bus person was there to greet us and fill our water glasses. Then we met our wonderful waitress (Linda). She was so professional and yet very personable at the same time. She made wonderful recommendations and was very efficient. The food was the best I've had on Cape Cod in some time. I heard that a new chef took over there recently and everyone I have spoken to says the food is always delicious. I tried the Lava Cake for dessert and that was truly fantastic! I can't wait to go back to try many other items on the menu as well as the dessert menu.

UK
“Good food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2009

Food was excellent and the wine good - just a pity the waiter dropped the full wine glass just as he reached the table! A good place to eat out and certainly in mid September no need to book ahead.