“Wined and dined”

Chatham Bars Inn Resort - Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
Chatham Bars Inn Resort - Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 69 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Seaview Street and Shore Road
Description: New England dining meets premier restaurant at STARS, located in the Historic Chatham Bars Inn. Custom chandeliers, stately columns and magnificent picture windows overlooking the Atlantic Ocean’s Pleasant Bay create an ambiance that's both upscale and inviting. Nothing but the finest mid-western grain fed and dry aged beef is served with extraordinary local ingredients and produce from our own farm, Cape Cod’s finest local seafood and an extensive list of wines representing the world’s greatest wine making regions . Our signature tableside steak sizing, cut to your specifications along with house specialties such as the “BACON & EGGS” pork belly appetizer, 22 ounce Dry Aged Porter House and open Wine Cellar are a few distinctive dining highlights. Please observe our dress code, Resort Evening Attire. For the ladies, resort casual including jeans - no pool / beach attire and for the men, long pants including jeans, collared shirt and proper footwear - no shorts.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great experience, food delicious and outstanding waitstaff. We chose off if the meat cart, cooked just how we liked. Excellent for mot only dinner but the breakfast brunch as we'll

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Sunday brunch is very special, either in the dining room near the window, or we prefer out on the porch. Tremendous , delicious assortment, great views! Dinner in the main dining room is another story. Yes I don't like change, unless it is for the better. The dinning room is beautiful with the remodel, however there used to be an band that played there on Saturday nights that you could dance to. It was quite special, that is long gone. We had a reservation, that we waited over a half hour from the time reserved. I noted it was our anniversary and we requested a window table. No window, no special recognition of our anniversary either at dinner. The food used to be memorable, now it is quite average. Definitely not worthy of the prices! We were there in September and they were short staffed. The waitstaff tried very hard but were not knowledgeable. They did not normally work dinner and did not know the menu. There was a private party going on and the experienced staff were at the party. The room is lovely and feels special. My personal recommendation is splurge on the brunch, it is wonderful. Forget dinner, there are much better options nearby!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I wouldn't say that we have been to a lot of "fancy" restaurants, but of those that we have been to, it's hard to beat Stars at the Chatham Bars Inn. The food, service, and ambiance were something that will keep us coming back. Definitely worth every penny and it made for a wonderful birthday dinner for my wife.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely birthday dinner here. The view of the moon shining down on the ocean was gorgeous. The waldorf salad was delicious, as was the pheasant consomme. The steak and lobster was also very good. A little disappointed in the dessert selection, but overall a really nice place for a special dinner.

2  Thank lckane61
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Fifty firefighters, family and friends attended a retirement party to celebrate the 36 year career of one of their own from the Chatham Fire Dept. The private event was held at the Beach House Grille and was a buffet barbecue theme. The views were breathtaking. The food and service on the other hand were dismal. All food was placed in steamer trays. The hamburgers were literally raw and cold inside which made them inedible! Cold cheese was presented in a platter to accommodate patrons who wanted a cheeseburger. The potatoes in the potato salad were also so undercooked they crunched when you chewed them. The barbecue chicken was was edible but very dry. The baked beans and corn were good. The waitstaff was very pleasant.
I was very disappointed in the quality of the food and the cost. It was very overpriced. How hard is it to grille burgers and dogs and keep them warm?t It was a disappointing end to one of Chatham finest. I would NOT recommend this venue

2  Thank carolh0155
resortmanagercbi, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort - Dining, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

I wanted to take a moment to respond to your email with regard to your unsatisfactory dining experience at the Beach House Grill. I appreciated your candid and constructive criticism. If we fail to provide the quality of food and service that our guests expect from CBI, I certainly want to know about it.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointing quality of food you and your fellow attendees encountered. I have to agree with you that the dining experience you described was not up to the standards of service and cuisine for which Chatham Bars Inn is known and I can certainly understand your disappointment, especially since you had come for a special dinner celebration.

I do hope that you will be able to view your experience as a rare and isolated incident and not an indication of deteriorating service standards. I have discussed your letter with our Executive Chef who assured me that he will use your comments in his staff training efforts.

As you know, we are long-time supporters of the Chatham Fire Department and have served them well for many years. In this case we fell short of our own standards. To make amends we will be sending a gift certificate for an overnight stay with dinner to the evening’s special honoree.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us so and giving us the chance to apologize.

Kind regards,