“Stars at Chatham Bars Inn”

Chatham Bars Inn Resort - Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
Chatham Bars Inn Resort - Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 67 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Seaview Street and Shore Road
Description: New England dining meets premier restaurant at STARS, located in the Historic Chatham Bars Inn. Custom chandeliers, stately columns and magnificent picture windows overlooking the Atlantic Ocean’s Pleasant Bay create an ambiance that's both upscale and inviting. Nothing but the finest mid-western grain fed and dry aged beef is served with extraordinary local ingredients and produce from our own farm, Cape Cod’s finest local seafood and an extensive list of wines representing the world’s greatest wine making regions . Our signature tableside steak sizing, cut to your specifications along with house specialties such as the “BACON & EGGS” pork belly appetizer, 22 ounce Dry Aged Porter House and open Wine Cellar are a few distinctive dining highlights. Please observe our dress code, Resort Evening Attire. For the ladies, resort casual including jeans - no pool / beach attire and for the men, long pants including jeans, collared shirt and proper footwear - no shorts.
Bethesda, MD
“Stars at Chatham Bars Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Orlando is THE BEST waiter anywhere. He is friendly, helpful and can describe all the food on the menu.

Try the lobster flambe!! It is amazing.

Visited September 2013

Freeland, Washington
“Over priced!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

An overly pretentious restaurant that serves up average steaks at a way above average price. They bring a meat cart to your table and you tell them the cut of beef that you want and the size of the portion. A nice gimmick but we'd prefer a better quality steak and dispose of the gimmick. Not a comfortable place to eat. The restaurant is as over priced as the hotel is.

Visited October 2013
resortmanagercbi, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort - Dining, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear ER,

I am sorry to read that your experience in STARS was not up to your expectation. We have also read and addressed concerns of your hotel review on our Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa business listing on Trip Advisor. I assure you that our custom steak cart is not a gimmick nor is it our goal to give the impression of being pretentious, this is simply not true.

STARS, has greatly improved our resorts cuisine since its opening in 2012. In fact, within it's first full year of operation, STARS was awarded the prestegious Forbes Travel Guide Four Star rating as well as the AAA Four Diamond award, both for exceptional cuisine and overall service, two distinctions we are very proud of.

I apologize that your experience did not measure up to the great work our team is producing on a consistent basis. Thank you again for your feedback, I intend to share your comments with our team.

Michael Briggs
Resort Manager
Louisville, Kentucky
“Best Steak EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

The experience from start to finish was perfect. Servers were attentive, but not obtrusive. Caesar salads were exactly the right size, and the dressing was not only delicious but the amount was perfect. Usually with caesar's I end up with no dressing, or they drown it - that didn't happen here.
The best part was the beef. They offer grain fed beef displayed in a cart that was rolled to our table, and we picked the size and cut of beef we wanted. We both decided on the tenderloin filet, and I picked 4 ounces, and my Husband 7. It has been my previous experience to have to purchase a 6 or 8 ounce filet, even though I know I won't eat it all. The price per ounce may seem expensive, and may slightly be if you like a 16 ounce steak, however my Husband & I eat beef in moderation, and this was such a nice change. The quality & the preparation was perfect, and cooked to each of our respective temperatures. The wine list was excellent as well. I can't say enough good things about this restaurant, and our experience.

• Visited September 2013
Madison, New Jersey
“What a View, Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is the place to go for lunch. The view is wonderful; so relaxing. The waitstaff is well trained, happy to help you feel welcome. The burger was a nice surprise; the lobster roll aways a winner. Expensive and worth it

Visited October 2013
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Smoky disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Been going to the Chatham Bars Inn for years and have always had an amazing experience. We went for lunch on this trip and were very disappointed. The service was poor, as we had to wait at least 10 minutes to be waited on and the service was inattentive during our entire lunch. When we were finished with lunch we had to wait an extensive time to receive our bill as we had to track down our waiter. The food was delicious, but at these prices for lunch the service should be much better. Additionally, the resort had a bonfire on the beach and the smoke poured on to the dining area causing our eyes to burn and leaving our clothes smelling of the smoke. We expect much more from a restaurant of this caliber.

• Visited September 2013
resortmanagercbi, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort - Dining, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments on your most recent visit to the Beach House Grill, at Chatham Bars Inn. I am sorry to learn that our service efforts and timing was off the mark, during your lunch with us. In addition, while smoke from the bonfire area is a bit out of our control based on the direction of the wind, I can see additional disappointment in adding to the overall experience.

I know that we can do a far superior job than what your experience was like and I do hope you will consider giving us another try in the future. Please give me a call next time and I’d be happy to personally make your reservation arrangements for you as to ensure a memorable visit in one of our many restaurant offerings.

Michael Briggs