“Best Steak EVER”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Seaview Street and Shore Road
Description: New England dining meets premier restaurant at STARS, located in the Historic Chatham Bars Inn. Custom chandeliers, stately columns and magnificent picture windows overlooking the Atlantic Ocean’s Pleasant Bay create an ambiance that's both upscale and inviting. Nothing but the finest mid-western grain fed and dry aged beef is served with extraordinary local ingredients and produce from our own farm, Cape Cod’s finest local seafood and an extensive list of wines representing the world’s greatest wine making regions . Our signature tableside steak sizing, cut to your specifications along with house specialties such as the “BACON & EGGS” pork belly appetizer, 22 ounce Dry Aged Porter House and open Wine Cellar are a few distinctive dining highlights. Please observe our dress code, Resort Evening Attire. For the ladies, resort casual including jeans - no pool / beach attire and for the men, long pants including jeans, collared shirt and proper footwear - no shorts.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The experience from start to finish was perfect. Servers were attentive, but not obtrusive. Caesar salads were exactly the right size, and the dressing was not only delicious but the amount was perfect. Usually with caesar's I end up with no dressing, or they drown it - that didn't happen here.
The best part was the beef. They offer grain fed beef displayed in a cart that was rolled to our table, and we picked the size and cut of beef we wanted. We both decided on the tenderloin filet, and I picked 4 ounces, and my Husband 7. It has been my previous experience to have to purchase a 6 or 8 ounce filet, even though I know I won't eat it all. The price per ounce may seem expensive, and may slightly be if you like a 16 ounce steak, however my Husband & I eat beef in moderation, and this was such a nice change. The quality & the preparation was perfect, and cooked to each of our respective temperatures. The wine list was excellent as well. I can't say enough good things about this restaurant, and our experience.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is the place to go for lunch. The view is wonderful; so relaxing. The waitstaff is well trained, happy to help you feel welcome. The burger was a nice surprise; the lobster roll aways a winner. Expensive and worth it

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Been going to the Chatham Bars Inn for years and have always had an amazing experience. We went for lunch on this trip and were very disappointed. The service was poor, as we had to wait at least 10 minutes to be waited on and the service was inattentive during our entire lunch. When we were finished with lunch we had to wait an extensive time to receive our bill as we had to track down our waiter. The food was delicious, but at these prices for lunch the service should be much better. Additionally, the resort had a bonfire on the beach and the smoke poured on to the dining area causing our eyes to burn and leaving our clothes smelling of the smoke. We expect much more from a restaurant of this caliber.

resortmanagercbi, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort - Dining, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for your comments on your most recent visit to the Beach House Grill, at Chatham Bars Inn. I am sorry to learn that our service efforts and timing was off the mark, during your lunch with us. In addition, while smoke from the bonfire area is a bit out of our control based on the direction of the wind, I can see additional disappointment in adding to the overall experience.

I know that we can do a far superior job than what your experience was like and I do hope you will consider giving us another try in the future. Please give me a call next time and I’d be happy to personally make your reservation arrangements for you as to ensure a memorable visit in one of our many restaurant offerings.

Michael Briggs
Resort Manager
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
mbriggs@chathambarsinn.com
508.945.6710

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My simple breakfast of eggs and bacon was poorly prepared. Eggs were rubbery, bacon burned and whole wheat toast was regular loaf bread, and served cold. At twice the price of an ordinary breakfast, at around $17.00, it should have been fabulous. The buffet looked good with lots of fresh fruit.

Thank you for your constructive comments regarding our breakfast menu at STARS Restaurant. I am sorry to learn that while our buffet was to your satisfaction, we fell short on the preparation of your breakfast. I will share your comments with our breakfast cooks and Executive Chef immediately, so that they are made aware of your feedback. I agree that your breakfast should have been fabulous. I know that we can do much better than this on a consistent basis and can only hope that this was an isolated incident.

Again, thank you.
Michael Briggs
Resort Manager

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I really wanted to love this place and was looking forward to it being our best meal on the cape. There is a railing that separates the room and apparently we were not on the right side of the rail. The food was excellent, there's no questions about that. Where this place has its faults is the service. They seemed to be understaffed this night. We were sat and almost 20 minutes later our waiter came by to introduce himself and get our drink orders. 15 minutes later, he shows up with drinks, drops them, tells us the specials and walks away. Another 15 minutes pass and he finally decides to take our order. This is the last we see of him until after our meal. Thank goodness for food runners and flagging another waiter for another drink! Sitting with empty plates in front of us for 20 minutes is a huge pet peeve of ours and we had to flag someone else down to clear them. Our guy finally returns and asks if we want dessert. Our answer was no as we did not want to sit there another hour. This should have been his cue to bring us the check. Yet again, another 15 minutes passes and we get up to leave. Still no check. We could have easily left without paying but we are not those people. We fetched the manager and he comps a few things, both him and the waiter apologize and we leave. This was supposed to be the best meal we had on the Cape. Food wise it was, but the service at the fish shacks are better than this.