“OMG! Fabulous!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Thank you Trip Advisor! After reading that Vers was the #1 restaurant in Chatham, my husband and I tried it. It was superb. The service was great and the food was out of this world. Not huge servings which is great, so you can taste everything! The creative combinations of tastes and textures is incredible. The chef is an artist! We returned the next night to share our divine dining experience with our son and daughter-in-law. The Truth or Dare dessert was incredible. The chef was so engaging. My only regret? I live so far way.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

During our three night trip to the cape, we ate at Vers twice. After finding what was claiming to be TripAdvisor's #1 restaurant on the Cape, we decided we had to give it a try. Cape Cod is not usually a destination for foodies, and we usually suffer along with fish 'n chips and stuffed sole, but Vers has dramatically upped the ante and changed the dining scene on the Cape. A welcome addition to Chatham's quaint downtown, the menu is dramatic, creative and unique. The food is perfectly prepared and absolutely delightful. Chef Jonathan is a true gem! Can't wait to go back. Our only regret is not getting to the Patisserie for breakfast! Super small, so make reservations (maybe a few days in advance, I can only imagine what the summer season is going to be like for them!)

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We visited Vers shortly after they opened last year and were blown away by the food and service. We finally were able to make it back and spent a weekend trying all that they had. Vers is three wonderful establishments rolled into one. Start your morning in their Patisserie where you will find a nice selection of croissants, "Pain au Jour", and delicious coffee preparations. The Patisserie is around the back on the first level. For lunch, join them on the main level which is in the lobby of the Chatham movie theater. Here you will find a varied choice of soups, salads and sandwiches along with tasty snacks like their housemade chips. You can also grab a craft beer or glass of wine and take it with you while you watch a movie!

Dinner is served in the same area as the Patisserie and the selections are superb! Fresh ingredients, creative pairings and artful presentations all combine for a unique culinary experience. Just look at the photos!!

Chef Johnathan and Chef Stephen are incredibly talented and personable. They've created a wonderful experience that is not to be missed. Looking forward to visiting again soon!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I ate dinner here on the last night of our vacation and I could not have asked for a more perfect meal. There aren't enough words - delicious, creative, balanced, artistic... Those would be a start. We ended up choosing the 8 course tasting menu and in 8 courses I could not find fault with a single bite. (And I happily admit I ate every bite.) The chef was skillfully able to create dishes that incorporated a variety of techniques and that were beautiful to look at but allowed flavor to remain the star of each plate. There was not a single garnish or element that was out of place or that did not make sense. Each dish was balanced in flavor and texture. While some of the dishes might be on the more adventuresome side for the general public, those who are less adventurous will still find plenty to choose from. And dessert can be a show on its own - save room for the "truth or dare" dessert if you order a la carte. We happily watched the "show" that was presented to our neighbors and I was a little bit jealous (until I got my own version and then some)!

The atmosphere is more on the casual side - I think that is a bonus. While I would not show up in sweats you also don't need to be in your Easter Sunday best. The restaurant is small so make reservations in advance. We were there in the off season (well, 3 hours ago - it is the end of April) and so it was no problem to make reservations same day but if I lived in the area, you all would be fighting me for a table every week. The service was perfect as well: attentive but not in your face.

I like food - all food. Some of the best food I've eaten have come from street carts and food trucks as well as some of the finest of the fine dining establishments. I will tell you that at least two or three of the dishes I ate this evening are some of the top dishes I have eaten, ever. And possibly my view is skewed because this vacation was overwhelmed with overly dressed lobster rolls and potato salads dished with an ice cream scoop, a la elementary school cafeteria style, but I don't think so... And if nothing else will convince you, I rarely take the time to write reviews! Simply put - eat here.

1  Thank Elizabeth77
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Everything was simply perfect : service, food, creativity, presentation, atmosphere... Nothing else to say !