“perfect from the beginning to the end”
Review of Vers - CLOSED

Vers
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Everything was simply perfect : service, food, creativity, presentation, atmosphere... Nothing else to say !

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I've never even cosidered taking a picture of a plate of food before; but, I really wish I'd taken a camera to Vers. I wanted to take my wife to a special place for her milestone birthday dinner and liked what I read on TA so I called and made a reservation. The staff were welcoming, friendly and informative. The cuisine was a level above anything we've had before. My wife had the evening's tasting menu selections. Since the advertized dessert contained chocolate, which she doesn't eat, they changed it with no problem. Each plate was a work of art containing a variety of tastes and textures which engaged your senses. They came together in your mouth to deliver wonderful deliciousness. The tasting menu had courses of Iberian ham, fresh Hake, lamb, and the substituted dessert involved a parsnip cakewith carrot accoutrements that was amazing. I enjoyed the Dutch pea soup, followed by capon and finally a cheese plate. The chef visited our table and answered our questions about the source and perparation of our food. He has a remarkable talent, as do the baker and patissiere who prepare the fresh bread and desserts. This is a small dining room, so make reservations. in addition to the tables, there is seating at the bar which quickly filled up.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We went here for my sister bachelorette party. It was so nice in intimate (Definitely make reservations! It's very small). The food was excellent and the waiter was respectful and funny!
It may be a bit pricey, but SO worth it! Get the Truth or Dare dessert ;)

Not only was the food and service amazing but the head chef even came out and congratulated my sister!

Highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

This little sophisticated cafe has it all. Great service, creative plating, food that you'll remember. I love opportunity to have an appetizer before a film, and dinner afterward right "on location".

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've been lucky to have visited some of the top NYC restaurants, and this meal rivaled all of them hands down! The wait staff was extremely friendly and the food was beautifully presented and delicious. The prices were also very reasonable given the quality of the meal.