“FANTASTIC!!! Gluten free and vegetarian on the Cape”
Review of Vers - CLOSED

Vers
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had lunch here while on the Cape. Very difficult to find both gluten free and vegetarian food anywhere but this restaurant served an amazing sandwich and the chef even adjusted to make gluten free. Then proceeded to Patisserie to buy macaroons from the pastry chef who studied in France...Gorgeous. Missing out if don't try these as well.

2  Thank Talissa A

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Had dinner at Vers with some friends a couple of weeks ago. We did the tasting menu and it was sublime. All dietary issues were easily resolved. Plate after plate of delicious, fresh, perfectly cooked and seasoned dishes were served in a well thought out progression. Not too fast, not too slow. Time to talk and drink wine, digest a bit, and then onto the next. If anything, I thought some of the meat portions were too generous. Not something I come across very often. I would put this dining experience on a par with tasting menu dinners I've had at Gramercy Tavern and one memorable meal at a small, now defunct, restaurant in the West Village called Papillon. The chef was Paul Liebrandt, before his 2 Michelin stars at Croton. The wait staff was attentive but not intrusive. Knew the food and the prep that went into it. the cheese at the end was fantastic. Had coffee and a home made bagel there the next morning. That was great too. Definitely stop by if you are in the area.

2  Thank dude12433
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Vers is modern, classy and sophisticated. I was warmly greeted when I entered, and was treated very well throughout my dinner. My compliments to all the staff there, they made me feel like I was special-it's obvious they care about making your dining experience top-notch. For my meal, first there was an amuse bouche, and then I had the Gazpacho of Summer Beet, an entree of Grilled Atlantic Swordfish, and for dessert the Chocolate Etcetera, with black coffee. Everything was outstanding-the chef has a creative flair and the menu with focus on seafood is fresh, tasteful, and refreshing. Highly recommended!

2  Thank Mal723
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Creative flavorful food, featuring local seasonal fare with flare. The Staff is friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Jo Anne T
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Vers is a surprising and welcome addition to Cape Cod cuisine. My group shared a variety of menu options and every dish was delicious and (as the name indicates) fresh. The menu is centered on local ingredients with an emphasis on seafood. My favorite dishes were the diver scallops and summer squash dumplings but the porgy with quinoa and halibut crudo appetizer were also outstanding. For dessert, the Truth or Dare was fantastic and unique (it changes often but ours was based on sunflower, corn and caramel flavors). The portions are small but the flavor and presentation are exquisite. The atmosphere is casual given the fine dining experience. I only wish there was more seating because I expect it will be very hard to get a table soon.

1  Thank Marafar