“great for burgers & beer”

Red Nun Bar & Grill
Ranked #14 of 70 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 12, 2013

we stopped in for a quick bite after the movies last week. it was our 1st time at the red nun. three of us had the "build your own burger," wonderful, served on and english-muffin type of bun, so you don't get overwhelmed with bread. the fish taco were also a hit. good selection of wine and draft beers. a nice unexpected treat----freshly popped popcorn!! outdoor seating would be great in the warm weather. we will definitely return!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We went here for dinner before checking out the baseboll game on the field just behind the restaurant. It was crowded, but we had a beer on the porch and only had to wait for about 20 min for a table. I had the fish tacos and it was good, but the salsa could have been spicier. My husband had a burger, and it ranked high on his list of favourite burgers. This place is perfect for beers and burgers, especially on a games night.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had lunch at the Red Nun on a Saturday. Fortunately it was nice and we could sit outside because the inside smells like a bar - stale beer, damp wood, etc. There are plastic tables on the patio and they are fine. You can watch cars drive down the street - that's about the extent of the view.

Our waitress was not particularly friendly, but service was efficient. The food was fine - typical bar food. Burgers and fries, etc. There are several beers on tap - our waitress rattled them off very quickly and then got annoyed we couldn't hear what she said. There were some local brews, which was nice. I ordered an ice tea and it was disgusting - tasted like dishwater. So I took that as a sign to order a beer.

The bar inside was full on a Saturday with men drinking and watching football. It got rather crowded and there was a wait for outside seating by 12:30 or so.

I can't think of a reason I would ever go back. It was just ok.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The Red Nun is a small lively bar & grill located on main street in the centre of Chatham. The bar has a great atmosphere and the restaurant specialises in fresh fish cuisine providing all the favourite dishes as seafood mains, appetizers, soups and salads for either eat-in or take-out dining. The portions are generous and the prices are very reasonable and really good value. There is an additional seating area just outside for warmer evenings and there is ample car parking. Worth a visit.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We went to this because we wanted a simple, inexpensive meal. The atmosphere wasn't good, nor was the food or the service. I have special dietary needs - too bad if you go here, they will certainly omit the bun but are unable to make substitutions worth much of anything. I am also dairy free and my substitution, asparagus, was served with butter. When I pointed it out, the butter laden asparagus was left on the plate and about 10 minutes later a side of asparagus was served.

My bun less burger (which was I asked for) was supposed to be cooked medium, it was well, very well. There are only a few tables in the bar, you can eat outside if you don't want the bar atmosphere, which was very loud.

Overall, okay, but not worth going back, ever.