“Fine Dining in every way” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pisces Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 68 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
NY, NY
“Fine Dining in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Last eve, we went to Pisces of Chatham on Cape Cod MA. The dining experience was excellent - The food was delicious - every single dish. For Starters for one corn and lobster soup and for other salad. Flounder w risotto for one and lobster ravioli for the other. Good portions - No room for dessert. The special martini was scrumptious too; the bartender knows what he is doing. The waitress could not have been more friendly, accomodating and attentive. All in all a great evening. No surprise that the place was packed. We had a dinner the night before at another restaurant for about the same price - tough lobster, forgetful waitress so we really appreciated Pisces. It was indeed a fine dining experience. Call for reservations ahead of time. It is deservedly popular.

New York
“Rude, condescending”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

After driving for 6 hours we arrived at Pisces where we had made a reservation a month earlier. They had no record of or reservation, which I suppose happens occasionally. But instead of being gracious and saying we'll get you in as soon as we can, or why don't you come tomorrow and we'll make it up to you, the staff and manager just said there's nothing we can do. Do yourself a favor and don't take a chance on this restaurant and staff.

Liverpool, NY
“Average, not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We chose this restaurant based on a local's recommendation. For a fine dining experience I felt this restaurant fell short. You begin with valet parking, there is apparently no open parking. When I begin an experience with valet parking, usually something amazing follows ie breathtaking views, stunning experience etc. Well in this case it was preceded by entering what I would call a quaint little restaurant. Cute, but not special and very tight and loud. The wait staff was clad in jeans and t-shirts. It took me a while to understand what bothered me about that, but I think it was quite simply that I've never seen it before in an upscale restaurant. The wait staff looked dressed to serve at a clam shack, while the patrons apparently thought they were in a nice place and were all dressed pretty nicely. I didn't see t-shirts or ball caps. So bottom line is, I put on a nice dress, paid for valet parking, was stuffed into a tight spot and served by someone in jeans and sneaks. This preceded the food which was expensive and not anything noteworthy or special. Just ok. Compared with other restaurant visits on our trip it ranked pretty low. No excited "try this" or "this is the best", which we did experience elsewhere.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank powertravelers
Lake Placid, New York
“Excellent meal, barely acceptable service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Four of us in the family had dinner during high Cape season. The atmosphere is nice, a bit tight with tables close together, but ok. Appetizers of salmon and soup were delicious. My main course of striped bass was very good, but also exceptionally high priced at $35.00. Desert was also very good. We had to wait an exceptionally long time between courses, and had to call our server (the manager) to our table whenever we needed her. We asked for the desert menu and waited. Ten minutes later she came back to clean the table, but still had not brought the menu. When I reminded her, she corrected me by saying that "usually we clean the table first". We waited again. The desert then came with the bill, and they then brought our car out front (right in front of our window) and left it running (they only have valet service). Obviously we took the signal, it was time to go. Too bad, we liked the restaurant, and enjoyed the food, but we will never be back. Try Del Mar, their service is awesome, the atmosphere more enjoyable, and the food just as good.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Great Meal, a little loud”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We found this restaraunt by trip advisor and the recommendations were spot on. The food was great, the service was terrific and the desserts put a perfect touch on the meal. To put it simply we were very impressed. Out family has very diverse taste and everyone came away full and very satisfied which is hard to do! The cheese was a great starter to the meal. I had the ribeye which was perfectly cooked at medium. For dessert I had the bananas foster which was served with home made ice crime. I'd gladly go back!