“Quaint Coffee Shop, but slow”

Chatham Village Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #2 of 4 Bakeries in Chatham
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Went to get a quick coffee and snack a little after 10am. Realized coffee was self- serve, and the coffee carafe I wanted was empty. The girl quickly took it out to refill after I notified someone behind the counter. I waited about 10 minutes for her to come back with it. The place started to get busy and I was lost in the shuffle. I finally ended up going with a different coffee. After I ate my snack in the cafe, which was about 10-15 minutes later, I still never saw the coffee urn come back out...should be more on top of the coffee pots.

micric1851, Owner at Chatham Village Cafe & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

We hope you will accept our apologies for not serving you your coffee of choice. Coffee at 10am is most important! We strive to keep all 8 of our coffee pots ready to serve our customers but we “dropped the ball” on a pot during your visit that morning and we are sorry for that. If you are ever in Chatham again, please come by our Café so we can offer you a cup of coffee “on the house”! I will put a FREE COFFEE card up on the board with CeeBee1130 written on it or you can ask for me for your free coffee. Again, we are sorry that your morning cup of coffee was not your first coffee of choice. Michelle Crean, Owner.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Chatham Village Café in located on Main Street and have passed it many times but had never stopped. Looking for a convenient place to order take out sandwiches/wraps we took a chance and were not disappointed.

Although it was lunch time and the line was long with patrons ordering sandwiches to take to the beach and down to the lighthouse, within 15 minutes had chicken wraps that came with a bag of chips and a pickle. There are picnic tables outside (and tables inside) that were full and everyone was enjoying themselves.

Excellent wraps that were so good that we returned the following day and ordered the same thing!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stopped here for a quick breakfast and ended up relaxing at a patio table over coffee. Ordered the cranberry cinnamon oatmeal and it was great. The homemade muffin was also good. The waitress refilled our coffee as needed. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were on a walk to the lighthouse when we stumbled on this cafe. Baked goods seemed to be very fresh and the cooked breakfast sandwiches were very tasty. Look forward to going back for a lunch sandwich and pastry.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Grabbed a couple of croissant sandwiches for breakfast and were pleased. Not a ton of seating and we were fortunate to get one of the tables to sit at.