“Awesome ,I love it there.”

Chatham Village Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #2 of 4 Bakeries in Chatham
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed August 20, 2011

My family and I have been coming to this cafe for my whole life and it is absolutely great. The service is a great the people are so nice, but most importantly the food tastes great. This place is such a good calm fun family environment. When you go there look for the daily trivia question.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

I have been spending summers in chatham since I was a child. Now we spend the summers in Chatham with our children at my in - laws house off of main st. I have frequented the Chatham Village Cafe over the past decade or so. I've always found the customer service to be sub par and it to be expensive, but the sandwiches were so good I didn't mind.
Well, after today, I have officially banned the Chatham Village Cafe and posted so on my facebook so the many friends I have that summer here as well will hopefully take my advice. We got 2 sandwiches (close to $18.00 total - no joke). They have changed the bread because it's no longer a baguette but a cheap sub roll. I asked for cheese on my sandwich and did not get any. They were skimpy on the chicken salad as well. My son got the Don's Tuna which I think is the best they have, it was also sub par and was missing the sprouts.
But, above all, the customer service and the way that store is run is SO inefficient. IT has just gotten worse. Rude and lazy employees has always been the norm there, but it was far worse today.
This kind of service and quality is just not going to fly anymore even in Chatham. There are PLENTY of sandwich shops in Chatham that cost the same, but at least there are friendly employees and better quality food.

micric1851, Owner at Chatham Village Cafe & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Sorry for the unhappy experience you had at our Café.
Our rolls are made by a local bakery. We do not use sub rolls, but a true baguette which is hand made, raised then baked.
Our sandwiches prices have been fixed for over 2 years in spite of the ever changing economy. We strive to maintain a consist menu.
I am sorry one of your sandwiches was missing ingredients. This unfortunately would have been a mistake on our part and I wish we had the opportunity to make it right..
While it may not seem organized, everyone who is working knows what his/her work responsibilities are for the day. 90% of the work done at the Café is done behind the counter at the front of the Café. A small space for many employees to work! If there is a lot of action behind the counter, it is the high-energy of the Café working to complete all orders as efficiently as possible to help keep that line at the register moving! This is most evident at the height of the summer season, which is July 1 - Labor Day.
Lastly, I do not tolerate rude employees. If a Café employee is rude to you, please let us know so we can work with that employee to correct his/her customer service behavior.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

Once again we are vacationing in Chatham and our all time favorite stop is the Chatham Cafe'. We frequent the cafe' every morning for the AMAZING blueberry and cinnamon muffins (the girls love the icing). The line can look intimidating but it moves so quickly with all the help they have. The iced mocha latte is wonderful any time of day.
In the early afternoon we call ahead with our lunch order, usually 6-8 sandwiches all complete with pickles and chips! All sandwiches are they same price, less than $8.00!!! The lunch sandwich menu is extensive with great choices like "The Unusual" (hubby's favorite), The Boatyard and the 86!
The staff is always friendly and willing to "leave off the onions" for the girls.
The building has been renovated and looks Beautiful!
We reccomend the Chatham Village Cafe to all our friends and visitors!

Reviewed May 20, 2011

I frequent the Chatham Village Cafe often and have always had a great experience. They have great freshly made breakfast sandwiches, muffins, scones and bagels. Great cinnamon buns and crossiants as well! They have a great coffee selection and I love the mocha lattes. For lunch there is a huge variety of sandwiches that are always freshly made and extremely tastey! I love the soups they serve as well. I am especially fond of the clam chowder. Don't forget thier freshly made iced tea and grab a cookie for dessert. I am always served with a friendly smile and a pleasant treatment. I tell all my friends and often bring my customers there for a cup of coffee and a taste of Chatham.

Reviewed September 8, 2009

Bagels and sandwiches are descent, coffee is pretty good. Bagels are on the small side but are really good. A good find if you are in Chatham and don't feel like a sit down breakfast/lunch. I would recommend if your visiting town. They also have a few table outside that you can eat your food at. One drawback, no public restrooms, however they do have locked restroom that I think you can use.