“good food & service”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Local institution....average to good food, warm atmosphere & service .
Very much enjoyed. Will return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,283)

Reviewed October 20, 2013

The food is fantastic and has been consistently for a long time. Yet the menu continues to change. We too live on Cape Cod and this is one of our favorite places to both go ourselves and recommend to anyone visiting.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We live on the Cape and often come to Chatham to browse the shops and enjoy this lovely town. The restaurant is just a half block off Main Street but somehow we had not checked it out until today when we stopped in for a late lunch. Our server was attentive and helpful without being overbearing or obtrusive. We shared a calimari appetizer to start that was several notches above the usual fare - the fried calimari and jalapeno peppers were served on a bed of baby kale with sundried tomatoes and grated pecorino with a roasted red pepper aioli for dipping. It was so good that my husband regretted not ordering a second portion! Our salads were also excellent - - Caesar with bacon crumbles and a baby arugula salad with roasted beets, honey roasted pistachios and chevre. Outstanding!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We ate here twice during our 2 days in Chatham. The food is unbelievable! The first night be lucked into reservations at 7:30 due to a cancellation. I tried the Wellfleet oysters on the half shell and absulutely LOVED them. My entree the first night was the cod encrusted with a breading (sorry, don't remember the name) served over a salad with a slice of polenta. It was ok, but whatever my husband ate he couldn't stop raving about it. (I can't find a menu on the website to remember the names of our food choices). The second night we did not make reservations and sat at the bar. There is bar seating on a first come first served basis. Just make sure to put your name on the list with the bartender. As soon as someone get up, they will call your name and you can take the next available seats. Surprisingly, we had more room eating at the bar than we had at our very small 2 person table the night before. The food we got the second night was "wicked " good!!!! We chose the oysters again, of course, and shared an entree since it was only 5:30 and way too early for our regular dinner time. The dish we chose consisted of different seafoods in a sauce served with pasta. I know it had scallops, lobster, clams, and shrimp. Every morsel of the fish was fresh and delicious. This was the best food I have ever eaten there. I only wish I could remember the name of this dish........but I can't. Price for this meal........$95. This included a dozen oysters, one entree, one salad, 2 glasses of wine and 3 beers. They were kind enough to split the entree into two separate bowls. The serving size, after being split, was plenty for the two of us. I will go back again when visiting Chatham, but it pays to make reservations or be prepared to wait in the bar area (which is very small) until a seat is available. By the time we left (close to 7 pm) there was a very large crowd standing around the bar waiting on a seat.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Excellent restaurant with a great seafood menu. Order the bouillabaisse - it's overflowing with fresh seafood including lobster, clams, scallops, fish and more. The dessert with the chocolate brownie salty caramel sauce was totally killer as well.