“best seafood I have ever eaten!!!!!”
Review of Impudent Oyster

Impudent Oyster
Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We ate here twice during our 2 days in Chatham. The food is unbelievable! The first night be lucked into reservations at 7:30 due to a cancellation. I tried the Wellfleet oysters on the half shell and absulutely LOVED them. My entree the first night was the cod encrusted with a breading (sorry, don't remember the name) served over a salad with a slice of polenta. It was ok, but whatever my husband ate he couldn't stop raving about it. (I can't find a menu on the website to remember the names of our food choices). The second night we did not make reservations and sat at the bar. There is bar seating on a first come first served basis. Just make sure to put your name on the list with the bartender. As soon as someone get up, they will call your name and you can take the next available seats. Surprisingly, we had more room eating at the bar than we had at our very small 2 person table the night before. The food we got the second night was "wicked " good!!!! We chose the oysters again, of course, and shared an entree since it was only 5:30 and way too early for our regular dinner time. The dish we chose consisted of different seafoods in a sauce served with pasta. I know it had scallops, lobster, clams, and shrimp. Every morsel of the fish was fresh and delicious. This was the best food I have ever eaten there. I only wish I could remember the name of this dish........but I can't. Price for this meal........$95. This included a dozen oysters, one entree, one salad, 2 glasses of wine and 3 beers. They were kind enough to split the entree into two separate bowls. The serving size, after being split, was plenty for the two of us. I will go back again when visiting Chatham, but it pays to make reservations or be prepared to wait in the bar area (which is very small) until a seat is available. By the time we left (close to 7 pm) there was a very large crowd standing around the bar waiting on a seat.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Excellent restaurant with a great seafood menu. Order the bouillabaisse - it's overflowing with fresh seafood including lobster, clams, scallops, fish and more. The dessert with the chocolate brownie salty caramel sauce was totally killer as well.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Marvellous restaurant this best food ever tasted in the states dont forget to book at least the day before for a dinner as can be very busy and so it should be it is fantastic place go there !!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have long anticipated eating here, and was looking forward to a memorable meal. Unfortunately, it was forgetful. It started off fine with the warm herbed bread and devils on horseback. The scallops were moist and fresh, and the lemon butter sauce was an ideal accent. But our entrees left a lot to be desired. I had the bouillabaisse--the mussels were the size of large peas, there were four oysters, only one of which was opened, and I didn't even bother eating the entire lobster claw that came with it, as it was dry and flavorless. The broth lacked seasoning. My husband had one of the specials, Cod Chaves, and it was bland and flavorless. Even though we left most of our meal on the plate, our server didn't inquire if there was anything amiss. We went down the street afterwards for delicious glacé from Vers.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Did not make reservations (which are generally required) - but got a seat very quickly at the bar. I had the Chicken and Shrimp Scamp - it was incredibly good. It was actually very fun at the bar - met quite a few really nice people.