“THIS OLD STANDBY IS STILL THE BEST”
Review of Impudent Oyster

Impudent Oyster
Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you're looking for a great meal at a reasonable price this is the place for. As full time residents on the Cape, my wife and I go here regularly though typically off-season as it gets a bit crowded in the summer. One of its many attributes is that they actually take reservations which makes actually getting a seat at the time you'd like to eat less of a challenge.

The menu is varied and good from start to finish. My typical meal is a starter of Clams Casino done classically well, followed by a shared Caesar Salad, with the main meal almost always their grilled sirloin which is one of the best I've found on the entire Cape. My wife typically goes for the season fish special which is always a winner. The specials are adjusted to whatever is locally fresh.

The only shortcoming I can think of is that they have no website in order to see the menu in advance. What's up with that? Perhaps they are satisfied by word of mouth, or maybe they're so focused on their fine gastronomic output that they haven't yet discovered the internet!

1  Thank temperasol
Write a ReviewReviews (1,283)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Have been away from CHatham for over 15 years. Used to be a regular at the Impudent Oyster and looked forward to our return visit. What a happy return - no change in the quality of food, service and environment! Everything, including our server's recommendations, was great.
We had eaten the night before at a much, much more expensive and hyped restaurant. The Oyster offered a wider selection, was roomier ( though not spacious), provided a much superior tempo of course delivery and the quality of everything was great.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Enjoyed this outdoor restaurant in the middle of downtown Chatham. Good salads and burgers - great to watch all the people strolling by

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I ate here last October while staying in Chatham for our anniversary. What a fabulous meal, great friendly service, My husband had the best Portuguese Mussel's He has ever had and I had the B.L.T. sandwich and a delicious Squash Bisque!!! and we are looking forward to our return visit this upcoming October!!!! This restaurant is fabulous!!!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food and service were terrific! A disappointment that other family members could not add to our reservation, as we noticed several tables sat empty during our entire visit. Highly reccommend.