“Really good, very creative.”
Review of Impudent Oyster

Impudent Oyster
Ranked #5 of 69 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We were referred to this side-street restaurant by several Main Street shopkeepers. Clearly a local favorite.The salads were creative and the one we tried was delicious. The wraps, too, paired some unusual ingredients but again, were seasoned with a master touch. The hardest part was deciding what to order as everything sounded wonderful. Observing foods carried by passing waitstaff, every plate looked like something terrific. And the waitstaff couldn't have been more accomodating. Add in the local shopping (Yankee Ingenuity, Window Full of Ducks, Artful Hand, Candy Manor and Gustare) and Chatham is a town not to be missed. As a matter of fact, it's a vacation all by itself!

2  Thank Deb K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,299)

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Having family in Chatham we frequently had lunch at the impudent Oyster. It was always fantastic, food, service,and atmosphere. But for some reason my husband could not see it as a destination for dinner.

On Cape Cod it is impossible to find a dinner restaurant that takes reservations. My mother-in-law is 94 and waiting an hour to be seated is very uncomfortable for her. The Oyster does take reservation so he finally agreed to go there.

We were seated immediately, and the dinner menu had so many wonderful and I must say, imaginative choices that we definitely need to come back. The kitchen had no problem preparing one of the meals gluten free. The service was efficient and friendly, the wine crisp and well chilled and the food well presented with each of our meals getting rave reviews.

I'm pretty sure I know where we will be having dinner from now on when we visit Chatham.

1  Thank Tallgirl42
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Love that a few of the major entrees had a half portions option. The Sole & Crab Francois was amazing. Others in our party had the duck, seafood bouillabaisse, and some delicious appetizers. Nice wine selection. A great horseshoe bar with plenty of width to have your dinner at. Loved it!

1  Thank PSIBB
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had a very nice dinner for six. Had reservations at 8 pm and called to make it earlier and they could accommodate our request. They were quite busy for an April evening. We all had meals that we all enjoyed very much, delicious food. I had the Sole & Crab Francois, it was great, and I loved that they have quite a few 'half-size' portion meals, of which this was one. The full size was $29 and they half-size was $16. They have a great horseshoe bar which was nice a wide, plenty of room to have dinner at also.

1  Thank Wildtrout77
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is one of my fiancé's favourite places to eat in Chatham, so she was very excited to take me.
Pros:
Great staff- willing to give recommendations, and not just point out the expensive dishes, and also willing to have a conversations.
Good food- I had the Kobe Burger, which was obviously hand made, and made fresh. Always helps.
Cons:
This isn't most fair knock-down, but the hours in the off season are very...sparse. In our three days in Chatham we only had a brief window to get in to eat, because they were closed the other times.