“Sure I would recommend it”

Chatham Squire Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 67 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
TwinCities
“Sure I would recommend it”
Reviewed July 14, 2007

The bar had very reasonably priced drinks. I believe we had 3 beers and 2 mixed drinks and the total price was $20. It did take awhile to find a seat at the bar and get a drink, but it was a Saturday night at 8pm, so that might have to be expected! We took a look at the menu at the bar and thought about just eating there, because of how long it took to get a table (we arrived at 7:30 and were told 90 mins to get a table) but just as we were about ready to order at the bar, a waitress came and told us our table was ready. The actual wait time ended up being 70 mins. When we got to our table we did see that the bar menu was different than the restaurant menu and we couldn’t order the chicken strips from the bar menu. In my mind this is something to keep in mind if you have children who are picky eaters.

Supper was very good. I started the meal with a cup of lobster bisque. It was my first ever bowl of this dish, so I didn’t know what to expect. It was very tasty. Being a good old Midwestern boy I called it Cheesy Lobster Soup. I know that probably doesn’t do it justice but it was still very good. The main course came very quickly. I had the captain’s platter. It was a seafood mixture of goodies that they don’t list on the menu. It had 2 or 3 shrimp, 2 or 3 scallops, 3 pieces of cod or white fish, clam strips, and 2 other items that I’ve never had before. Very good. My wife had Ribs; she said they were very tasty as well.

2 Thank matang

Mississauga
“Quintessential Cape Cod Restuant !!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2007

My family and I have been eating in this fine establishment for more than 25 years. The owners obviously know the secret to being successful in the restaurant business.......serve absolutely outstanding food.....which they do. We religiously include several meals in our itinerary every time we visit The Cape. If you do not eat here or have not eaten here you have done yourself a grave injustice........this place is on our list of "Best in the World".

2 Thank CapeCoddder
Vero Beach, Florida
“The Best Lobster Bisque in the World”
Reviewed May 7, 2007

We had lunch here our first day on the Cape and got the Lobster Bisque. Wow. It was wonderful. Great consistency , not too thin and not too thick and plenty of lobster. The flavor was so good that I didn't want it to end. So good that I went back twice more. Aside from the bisque, it was charming atmosphere and packed everytime we were there.

Boston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Fun Place to Hang Out!”
Reviewed January 16, 2007

I've spent 37+ summers in Chatham and have to say the the Chatham Squire is one of my favorite places in town. The food in the restaurant is superb and I'm a big fan of the Clam Chowder. In my 20's I hung out quite a bit at the bar on Friday and Saturday nights but now that I have a family we go often for lunch and take the kids. I definitely recommend a stop at the Squire when you visit Chatham

1 Thank lcutts
boston
“great find”
Reviewed January 1, 2007

i loved this place. the bartender was knowledgable, courteous, and friendly. the food was very good and i was so happy to see a nice wine selection. the atmosphere is fun as well. definitely worth a stop.

1 Thank jebba