“Fun bar scene”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Very popular night time bar scene, had to wait in line on a weekend night. Drink prices were reasonable. Fun crowd.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,352)

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The Squire has been around a long time so there is always a line waiting to get in for food and drinks. It has a typical New England menu with a full array of seafood dishes that are tasty and filling. Interesting appetizers, decent chowder, good salads and a variety of entrees along with sandwiches and pizza make it a great place for a family or a large group of people. Noisy and boisterous ambience with a constant movement to and from tables make it hard to have a conversation. The food is all right, but nothing special. Lively bar with friends actively engaged in conversation. Seasoned and enthusiastic wait staff.

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on a busy Sunday in July on the recommendation it's a good restaurant to bring children. We were seated right away which was nice. However, I was not at all impressed. I ordered the Linguini with clams and it was terrible. It was loaded with oregano, and really no other seasoning. I'm not terribly picky, but couldn't bring myself to eat it. The waitress did offer to have the chef make another, but that would have been pointless. I was still charged the full price of the dish. My husband's tuna dish was okay, but bland. On a positive note, they do have a childrens menu. Overall we were not pleased and wouldn't recommend it.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Chatham Squire is indeed a local favorite, and has had a lot of hype about how great it is for years. We've been there a few times, thinking each time that maybe we missed something because it is really just mediocre and quite noisy.

1  Thank Brad S
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Dined here for lunch with 4 kids and 3 adults after Seal Boat Tour. We had been to the bar side before and didn't expect such delicious food. Our server was fantastic and very knowledgeable about our son's dining restrictions due to celiac. She offered substitutions and guided us to the gf menu items (the menu had plentiful gf options and gf alternatives). My son had a hamburger cooked perfectly that he devoured, other kids had chicken fingers that were white meat and lightly breaded and linguini and sauce that was also gobbled up. Kids meals came with a delicious lemon ice that was much appreciated on a hot day. Kids meals came out lighting fast. I had a lobster roll on salad (no roll as I have celiac too) that was one of the best I have ever had. The addition of Old Bay elevated the lobster salad to an 11. Husband and sister in law both had fish and chips that were perfectly fried with delicious fish and light breading. We cleaned our plates! Kids wanted to eat here again the next day.