“Good bar and sea food”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed June 20, 2014

A good choice of sea food, reasonable prices. fun surroundings, A good place to hangout with friends.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,352)

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I started with clam chowder, it was great., but the fish and chips was the best I had in years. Service was good, prices fair for the quality and portion size.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We have been visiting Chatham for several years now and always have a couple of meals in the Squire. This time we noticed changes that were not favorable. The raw oysters were served NOT on ice…a must for them! The cocktail sauce was too sweetish and had no kick. An even bigger let-down: the very first time I ever at steamers was at the Squire some years ago. I believe they were served in a pot with broth/liquid in the bottom. They are now presented in a wooden salad type bowl…no liquid…dried out…many barely open…and a much smaller amount than what I was used to. I don't know if there has been a change in chef or owner but I would hope that these unpleasant changes can be reversed. The clam chowder was still good…but next year we will be very particular about what we order there….no longer a place to go for down home seafood.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Spent a day in Chatham walking thru this lovely town. We stopped for lunch at the Squire because it smelled so good from the street. Busy lunch crowd and a not so fantastic server made it a bad decision. The food was pretty good but for lunch prices, it was fairly pricey. I am not sure I would be tempted by the great smell outside on the street again.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had lunch here and it was just average. Fried clam sandwich and a bowl of soup. Both probably bought in bulk and heated up. Friendly service but overall very underwhelming. There are better places in such a pretty town.