“Terrible service, no drink menu”

Chatham Squire Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 67 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
“Terrible service, no drink menu”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was SO disappointed with this restaurant on my last visit to Cape Cod, as when I used to travel more frequently to the Cape in the early 2000;s, the restaurant was much better then.

I am not saying that the seafood is still not great, but what happened to the service? My God, we waited and waited and waited at table near to the Bar area, and were ignored. I eventually went up to the Bar rather frustrated, and asked for a bar menu, to which the rude Server said "we don't have any" so after asking if he could make two martinis (and he made up his face at that request!!) I just settled for white wine.

We ordered and were served our food when same rude Server came up later on to take our order.

Overall, the only way I would ever go back to this restaurant is if the management change, and my friends on the Cape report to me that it is better......the seafood of course, is famous for being some of the best prepared on the Cape - which is the ONLY reason they are still getting a full tavern of people - OR people just do not mind putting up with SLOW and very rude Server's for the sake of the seafood.

Not going again for a long, long time.

• Visited May 2012

PLYMOUTH
“Laid back meals”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stopped in after shopping along the main street of Chatham for lunch, we ended up loving the bar for our lunch. Food was wonderful, drinks great and we ended up staying and watching college football. We liked it so much we came back for dinner which was a great seafood stew and chowder. The lobster bisque was amazing.

Visited November 2012
San Antonio, TX
“Just love it!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been here in Chatham a month now, and can't get enough of the Squire's great pub grub! Love the chowder and the lobster bisque, and the lunch specials are great values. Atmosphere is casual and friendly and we'll be back next year same time!

• Visited October 2012
Taunton, Massachusetts
“Eat at the Squire and leave happy”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Like a good clam chowder? Chowder that's creamy with fresh clams, potatoes cooked to the right texture, tasty as anything? This is the place to get it. Best clam chowder I've ever had and I've had a lot. Would recommend the corned beef sub as well. The corned beef shaved so that it melts in your mouth. Not fatty. Always the best waiters/waitresses. Our waiter this time was ultra fabulous, even bringing extra napkins without being asked. As my friend has a 2 1/2 yr old, this really went far in our book. How many people think of things like that? Just for the waiter, this would be 5 star but the food in itself also deserves it. We've always had great food here.

• Visited November 2012
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Great food and friendly atmosphere.”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We went to the Chatham Squire for a quick meal on our arrival in Chatham. What a great place. We ate in the bar and were really made to feel like locals. The food is fresh and tasty and very good value. Cocktails are good too!

Visited October 2012