“Worth a try”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed November 3, 2007

We had both lunch and dinner at The Squire. The atmosphere is very comfortable and fun and the food was consistent---not amazing or gourmet BUT above average. I like the casual atmosphere, friendly wait staff and reasonable prices. I will go back.

Reviewed October 3, 2007

This place was great. It was exactly what I pictured when imagining dining on the Cape. We had three adults, a toddler and an infant at our table and were well accommodated. The atmosphere was warm and cozy without feeling overly-casual, the service friendly while still professional, and the food was excellent. Both the Clam Chowder and Lobster Bisque were very good. The Lobster Ravioli was very nice and light with just enough (but not too much) parmesan cream sauce. The Prime Rib was a generous cut, cooked exactly as ordered. The Sole Française was lightly battered with just the right amount of lemon beurre-blanc. They had no problem substituting broiled for the fried fish in the Children’s Menu. All in all, everyone in our party thoroughly enjoyed the meal. As we left, the line at the door extended all the way down the sidewalk. Apparently, this is a very popular restaurant in Chatham.

1  Thank Grotheur
Reviewed September 17, 2007

we didn't know about this restaurant before and were super surprised!

the food was outstanding. we had seafood and every dish was delicous.

if you are in this area - you have to try it!

1  Thank werberzicke
Reviewed September 16, 2007

We visit the Cape every year and always stay some time in Chatham. The Squire is the best by far and if you eat in the Raw Bar, Otis is an absolute pleasure.

Reviewed August 19, 2007

This is a very fine restaurant. I've dined here on many occasion - in groups large and small. Let me offer my humble opinion on why I think this place is one of utter delight. First, I'm not sure anyone else picked up on this, but each and every server whose name began with an "N" was fantastic. My compliments to Nicky, Nolan, Nigel, Nancy and Norbert. Second, the lighting! Has anyone else noticed this?? It creates a mood of sheer bliss, an environment that compels you to enjoy every morsel. I loved the touch with the little cat-mascot Frankie. He greeted diners at the door with a purr (and sometimes a little nip on the ankle). Oh, the food...........two works ----> yummy yum-yum. I had veal that was so wonderful, I broke down into tears. I think after that first bite of tender veal, I immediately left the table to call my mother - it was that good. Oh my. Oh joy.

4  Thank winnifred020