All reviews koi pond ping pong shuffle board extra deluxe feed the fish hot tub cape cod pool area beautiful grounds private deck musty smell enjoyed our stay pleasant stay shower head short drive nice pool up to date
Reviewed October 3, 2015

My husband and I had a wonderful time at this resort. Grounds are beautiful rooms decorated very nicely, pool and jacuzzi are extremely clean, relaxing atmosphere. Comfortable bed, Staff very friendly

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert H
Reviewed October 2, 2015

We got the 1 bedroom suite @ 345.00 per night - decor is as shown except you don't see the stained furniture, cigarette burns in sofa, rugs, & the extra blanket in the closet (which has apparently not been washed since 1999, the bed is like sleeping on a diving board-spring loaded to launch you out of it as soon as you lie down. The sheets are colored which means they don't get bleached. There are no screens on the entrance or the deck door-unless you like sleeping with bugs, you can't enjoy the cape winds at night. The toilets are small, low to the ground. The view is the rust colored heat vent under the sink or the broken floor tile used as decorative tile around the sinks, the sink stoppers are so worn the paint is peeling off. The showers are a Tub/shower combo with a standard straight curtain & rod- so the wet curtain sticks to your side while showering. The water spray is good if you can get past the rust that comes out as soon as you turn on the tub. Wallpaper is peeling and cobwebs are visible in each high difficult to reach corner.
The bath needs an overhaul as well.
Upon arrival the feel of the place is shabby chic, outdated by decades old furniture & bedding-it is time to have a bed burner at Pleasant Hill.
For the amount of money charged- we highly expected a resort feel; however we got an overgrown forest- the path to our suite was overgrown with ornamental sea grass. The grounds were barely cared for. Our view of the yard included gardening equipment left strewn about. The Koi pond is beautiful as well as the waterfall.

My biggest question is "where is the Luxury that is advertised"?
I can only assume the large 50" HDTV is the luxury? Nice TV; however could you "swifter" around it-huge cobwebs surround it. Go ahead and check for it JOHNNY- we left it for you (if you stand in front it is on the left back of the TV).
Signs in living room about the phone and how to use it.........one problem***No phone***, we found it later in the bedroom tucked away.
Why are there 2 remotes for the TV? I don't know the answer as we were given no directions.
Housekeeping staff is obviously over worked; however she is very friendly & helpful.

Perhaps my idea of Luxury is different than most folks.

I did expect some help to our suite with baggage- Nope
I did expect room service-Nope
I did expect breakfast included- Nope
I did expect a heated pool- it may have been heated, barely-still cold
I did expect central a/c to be on- Nope (only the first night as it was fixed the next day-no accommodation from staff or toward the room rate) and I was berated by staff for not letting them know prior to the next morning. We arrived back after 11 pm, which I was told many times upon checking in when the staff is not available vs. when they would be available. Lack of hospitality training is abundant here. I was made to feel they were doing me a favor.
I did expect Luxury as stated in their marketing campaign- could not find any.
I did expect coffee, as I am an early riser- Nope had to wait till 8 am-the cups were like espresso to go cups- so tiny I needed 4 cups-however no tray to carry them and no offer to help (it is located directly in front of the front desk).
The embroidered shirts the staff were wearing are as old as the beds-faded and ready to fall apart.
It is obvious that at some time this hotel was a nice place to stay however for 2015,
the "Bates Motel" is tired and needs a complete overhaul.
We paid for Luxury and received Lack luster.
Very disappointing.
We will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
8  Thank KitDesign
Reviewed September 30, 2015

Nice resort. Good set up for gatherings with family or friends. Many different spots throughout resort to gather for small groups or larger ones. Rooms were spread out in different sections. Pool looked nice.

Room Tip: Musty smelling room I don't know if I could get tolerate for more than one day.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 29, 2015

Just came back from a great trip out to Cape Cod. We found Pleasant Bay Village Resort online - seemed like a perfect location to be our "home base". We were happily greeted when we arrived and promptly got our key to the room and info about both the resort and the area. Our room was charming! The decor is definitely not current, the bathtub and toilet were a light blue! Honestly, it was adorable and had a fun old fashioned feel. The grounds are gorgeous - lots of little waterfalls and pretty garden areas to sit. Our room had a little deck out back which is very comfortable and pretty. It was too chilly for swimming but after checking out the pool and hot tub area we wished for a little bit warmer weather; both were in great condition. The lobby/check in area is pretty big with places to sit, magazines and info about the area, and the restaurant area where you can purchase breakfast (we never ate there). I would very much recommend this little resort - seems like the kind of place that could become a Cape Cod tradition for couples or families. Thanks for a great experience!

Room Tip: Our room was on the end facing the back of the property. Nice deck, lots of privacy.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2015

From checking in to checking out- Suberb!! Johnny gave us maps of area for touring,shopping, restaurants. Immaculate room -ours had kitchenette- perfect for early morning tea on back deck while reading complimentary newspaper, very comfortable beds- Beautiful grounds for morning walk, friendly staff- Restaurant Best Blueberry Pancakes ever with real maple syrup!!! A+ All the way

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family