“Peaceful little hide away”

Pleasant Bay Village
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here last year and loved it! The room was MUCH bigger, cleaner and modern then I had expected!

It was the perfect place to stay, I only wish I had planned on being there longer.

Very private, relaxing and tranquil, I highly recommend this warm and cozy spot on your next trip to Chatham!

Room Tip: Stayed on the side that faces the road and didn't have a single issue sleeping (and I am a VERY...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My (now wife) and I stayed here with the majority of our wedding guests for our wedding during one of their first weekends of the season (the actual wedding was down the road). This place is simply beautiful. The gardens look like something out of a magazine, the rooms are nicely decorated and clean, and if you get one of the rooms with a kitchen or a suite you won't need to leave the hotel except to go to the beach. My wife and I worked with manager Josh who was more than accommodating with our endless requests in the weeks leading up to the wedding. We got the off season rates because of the dates we stayed, however we looked into returning in September and the rates still seemed very reasonable during the peak season considering the location and quality of the resort. This place also seemed very family friendly with the pool and playground on site. I would highly recommend taking a look at Pleasant Bay Village if you're planning on vacationing on the cape.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Jmbro2
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a lovely hotel with a variety of types of accommodations. I first stayed here 10 years ago and was afraid that it might feel tired when I returned this weekend but the room and bathroom were clean and up-to-date. Our double faced relaxing courtyards on both sides. The rooms and grounds are decorated attractively with the work of local artists. The breakfast was both delicious and reasonable. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Triptaker644
Reviewed February 25, 2013

A wedding was held at a nearby golf club and family and friends were booked at Pleasant Bay in 2012. It was a perfect setting for a Cape Cod wedding with adorable Cape style cottages, slate walkways, attractive plantings along the walkways and tall grasses off the deck that moved with the breezes. The comfortable decks and patios at each room allowed getting together with the other wedding guests. The pool area and ponds were stunning during day and evening. I think that the employees at the front desk could be friendlier, smile and greet. Perhaps the summer was a long one and they were wiped out so to speak , but no one was cheerful or welcoming at the first meeting. I would also suggest a website do-over. The photos do not do Pleasant Bay Village justice. The rooms do need a decorating update, but they were clean with a cute kitchen and new bathroom. I would love to return for vacation or a weekend as I really enjoyed the experience, the casual feeling and the cottage look.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KeyWestTravelers
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We loved the Pleasant Bay Village. It was so cute. We have a family of 5 and stayed in one of the cottages which was just perfect. It was large, clean and had all the amenities. We also loved all of the gardens all over the property. The people at the front desk were super friendly and the kids loved the lobby with the bird! We would definitely come back toe Pleasant Bay Village again.

Room Tip: if you have 2 families staying, I would grab one of the cottages because they are two rooms attached...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 60989Familyof5
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Pleasant Bay Village has a very unique setting for Chatham and Cape Cod, and it really works very well. The exotic oriental rock gardens and waterfalls nestled among 6 acres of private woodland are just minutes from the town of Chatham, but the surroundings make you feel like you are in another world. We had an efficiency unit that faced a small hill with all these oriental plantings, including a row of bamboo and a small waterfall. It was very relaxing to look at and walk around.

We found the location to be very convienent over by Pleasant Bay, making it easy to get to Chatahm, as well as to Orleans and Rte 6 for the drive to Wellfleet and P'town.

The staff - from the front desk to the waitresses to the maids and maintenenace personnel - was very friendly. The sunlit dining room was just perfect for breakfast.

The Pleasant Bay Village is a "keeper" and a place to return to again. Give it a try. We were there over the Columbus Day weekend.

Room Tip: I would go with the Extra Deluxe 2 Queens room with the mahogony decks. They are at the back of the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheAkumalian
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This place is very unique and quiet. A hidden gem in Chatham. My husband and I had a villa. Reminded me a small cottage. Perfect!! I would recommend this place to everyone and I will definitely be returning to this place!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Erin M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Chatham Inn At 359 Main
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
The Chatham Wayside Inn
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to Pleasant Bay Village? Share your experiences!